0 Posts
djerickd said:
Does AutoZone have it?
not in fl man !
cant find it let me know if you do !

·
Registered
934 Posts
If none of you read it/did it and no one has had problems, then I am not worried. Maybe it just helps to dissolve and evaporate faster:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
i used the cleaner on my MAF about a week ago and the car just seems to be much smoother, i also installed a k&n panel filter, the elbow snorkus delete, oil change and a few other things at the same time so i cant tell if it was the MAF or not. either way for 5$ im happy :p

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
I didn't see this mentioned... but Big Sky...

I believe that's the IAT Bulb that you had cleaned in the pic... I was under the impression that the MAF sensor is inside the tube?

·
UnBanned
17,654 Posts
Corrrect,the MAF is in the tube and the bulb is the IAT sensor. Both need to be cleaned.
So the first post may want to be updated to clarify this. It could be easily misunderstood. (ps... I appreciate the space after the period Ron ;))

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I didn't see this mentioned... but Big Sky...

I believe that's the IAT Bulb that you had cleaned in the pic... I was under the impression that the MAF sensor is inside the tube?
correct- someone pointed that out to me early on in the thread :D

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,331 Posts
The MAF in my Vibe looks the same as one in the WRX, and I only cleaned the IAT. Looks like I'll have to pull it back out again. :redface:
Several Toyota motors use a similar MAF, yes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone asked their dealer why they don't do this as a part of the big 30,60,90k services on our cars? Seems like to simple of a thing for them to be ignoring... Thoughts?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Walked into Autozone, inhaled so that i could ask where the stuff was, I saw it immediately to my right. Easier than I thought it would be to find it. Used it, and let it dry, then doubled up and did it again :D Low end feels much smoother, and stronger!! No more of them there hesitations :woocow:

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
not aware of any filter that is 100% effective in removing all contaminants, well there probably is but they probably don't breathe really well :)

changing your filter often should certainly lessen the need to do this

·
Registered
33 Posts
cobb filters do not seem to let much get by them. if you clean your filter you will not have to do this to often mine is spotless but i am really obsessed with keeping things tip top.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,331 Posts
A used oil analysis should reveal whether the air filter is effective or not. This is one reason I am sometimes so disappointed in manufacturers of imitation or "aftermarket" filters. They claim better flow and better filtration yet they do not present UOA data (the type of data a professional tech firm might generate as a matter of routine operations when designing a filter, right?) comparing their product with the authentic product. Same motor, several max interval UOAs would be great comparing the two.

If the UOAs are convincing show improved filtration and the price makes sense, I'd buy one. Why not? If the UOAs show increased dirt though...

81 - 100 of 125 Posts