ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what do you think is causing this. I drive my WRX only on the weekends, but the past two weekends, when I start up in the morning and put it into D, the car is slow to move. The RPMs are right but the car's not moving as fast as it should. I'm not gassing it as I'm just pulling out the driveway, but it's slower than usual.

But after a few seconds, it seems to "catch" and I can drive fine. Then it's fine for the rest of the day. I leave my car in the garage for 6 straight days. Do you think this has anything to do with it?

Maybe the fluid is low, but after about 10 miles of highway, it's about he halfway point or less in the HOT range.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mine does that too. I think it might just be my higher-stalling TC.

Mine actually almost stalls out whenever I first start moving. It will creep back as it idles but once I get on the gas it seems to almost stall out before it catches.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I drove an audi a4 auto and everytime it was cold in the morning it would do just that. The gears would not shift as usuall untill it warmed up a bit, then it was fine the rest of the time. I think its not a problem, my manual shifts rough when i engage the clutch the frist couple of times in the morning as well, but after couple of shifts there is no problem.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I know the EAT does a few things differently when cold. I think the TC won't lock until warm, for instance, and it won't shift into 4.

Maybe you're just noticing the effects of that?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
ya i got thi s huge ass tranny cooler and my tranny doesnt iminate enoguh heat anymore over 90degreed ferenheit ;/ when i try to warm it up its kidna hard lol

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
YA I GOT THI S HUGE AS TRANY COLAR AND MAH TRANY DOESNT IMINAET ANOGUH HEAT ANYMORE OV3R 90D3GRED FER3NHAIT / WHAN I TRY 2 WARM IT UP ITS KIDNA HARD LOL
Hey Fadi, have you been on AOL too much lately or something?:tongue:

·
Registered
217 Posts
WRXout said:
lol na sorry, im just been down latley so much mnoey has to spent to fix my car its depressing,
I feel the same way. I had planned to stop modding my car but then:
tranny problems
craptane fuel problem

I wanted to buy guns, but unless the varmits run underneath my car in the garage and suck up some coolent, they will be breeding and over populating the place.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
eatwrx said:
I feel the same way. I had planned to stop modding my car but then:
tranny problems
craptane fuel problem

I wanted to buy guns, but unless the varmits run underneath my car in the garage and suck up some coolent, they will be breeding and over populating the place.
ya man i got to do the 30k miles service, get my suspension check, get new tires, fix my cams, tranny seals fixed, and thats it and im just getting sucked out of my mnoey right now, i was suppsoed to sell my dads mailboxes but the dude *****ed out on my so i got $300 right now and more expensive problems, i might even part out pretty soon,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, selective part out is where it's at.
Removed the high stall TC
Sold the TXS tuner
Sold the ACCESSPORT

Next: Remove VF34, install stock turbo
Need to change tires to winter blizzacks
Alcohol Injection

If my stage 1 beats my stage 2 times, well, i'll be happy and sad. Anyone have a used stock tranny that I can buy so I can do the L10 bullet proof tranny upgrade?

·
Registered
677 Posts
eatwrx said:
If my stage 1 beats my stage 2 times, well, i'll be happy and sad. Anyone have a used stock tranny that I can buy so I can do the L10 bullet proof tranny upgrade?
mmmm level 10 upgrade . . . when I have a lot of $$$$ I want one.

·
Registered
677 Posts
in reply to my earlier post about slipping the tranny or whatever, my tranny is fine and it is a tuning issue with my Unichip. I was revving my motor with the tranny in park and it hesitated when I first stepped on it.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I notice the car being a little sluggish when it isn't warmed up, but no slippage. I can tell when it's warmed up though because my oil pressure gauge will drop considerably. Usually takes about 10 minutes of driving to warm the trans up enough to beat on it. :p

·
Registered
731 Posts
my tranny is all messed up whenever i put it in a gear like when i put it in R or D it takes a couple seconds for it to get in gear and if i use the gas before then it will make this big jerk feeling

·
Registered
423 Posts
piker28 said:
my tranny is all messed up whenever i put it in a gear like when i put it in R or D it takes a couple seconds for it to get in gear and if i use the gas before then it will make this big jerk feeling
it's an expensive fix but a modified valve body would help...

·
Registered
731 Posts
but why does it seem mine does this but no one else talks about it? is it only me..

i drive other autos all day and no problem right when it goes into D its in drive right in R its in reverse with no problem(toyotas)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts