Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 Wheel Dyno in MA!!!

Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is a 4 wheel dyno in MA. They will even be able to tune the Unichip there. They are also a Unichip authorized dealer (doesn't mean you'll get it sooner, since he gets his from Turbo XS;))!

www.adrenalinmotorsport.com

I was there about 2 months ago at a Subaru dyno day. Unfortunately, my car was sick when I dyno'd it, so I don't have any good numbers to post.

-Pete

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give them a call, and see what they're schedule is like. Maybe, you'll guys will get to see what a Stage II Unichip puts out!;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I talked to them. Would any of you guys want to dyno your cars while you're there??? They're willing to give us a special rate, if I can get over 10 cars there.

-Pete

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hells yes!

How much money are we talking about?
How far is this place from our meeting place?
Maybe we should just meet there to start with, although changine the location now would be a huge mistake, I think.

-Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you guys are interested, we might be better off having the meet at Adrenalin. They're really great guys and probably wouldn't mind it. Dynoing can take all day. And depending in what order you get, you may have to wait. It's probably an hour away from the original meeting location.

Their normal prices are $100 first run, and $30 each additonal run. I think they will charge between $60-80 for the first run, and $25 for each additional one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, I've already got about 5 people from the i-club interested. Please post if you are interested as I need to let them know anyway.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts

bout an hour west of previous location. maybe a bit more.

i'd love to inquire about piggybacks and unichips. mmmmmm

don't matter to me. there was really nohing special about the other spot besides access from the N & S, and also food. i'm flexible.

i wouldn't be dynoing though.

dR

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha...I'll be at the meet, if it's at Adrenalin!;)

If you ever see a loud silver wagon fly by you, it's probably me!:D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
dr and redobs,

How is the proximity of Adrenaline to food, even fast food would be fine?

I'd like to suggest we move our meet location to Adrenaline at 12 noon.

What do you think, dr? I don't think it is too late to change it and this sounds like a much more worthwhile meeting place.

redobs, any more info on the price for 10+ cars? How many runs can we do? I want to experiment!

-Jim

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
I really don't know

I'd rather meet at adrenaline. try to get in touch with wheels. i know he's bringing a few peeps down from VT. otherwise who is there? knightriderwrx is coming i think, and a few others. let's start posting the change now if you think we should.

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I just checked the prices on www.adrenalinemotorsport.com
The group rate is $45 for the first run and $25 for each additional run. That is with 10+ people, otherwise it is $100 for the 1st, $30 for each additional.

This is a tad more money than I am willing to spend considering my car isn't being tuned between runs.

I wouldn't mind stopping by to watch if more NE peeps from clubwrx.net are interested. If not, forget it, let's keep the original meeting place.

-Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last time I was there at the dyno day, they ordered out for pizza. Just because there were so many cars to dyno, that it was easier than going out to get food. I'm sure there are fast food joints around there.

I want to say it's gonna be $60 for the first run and $25 for additional runs, up to 3 runs. ($45 is the 2WD price) That's what it was last time. But, if we don't get 10+ cars, I think they will still allow a special rate for us. I will give them a call tomorrow. I want to give the i-club guys some time to respond.

As of right now, we're gonna have a fairly modified WRX there (mine;)), a more heavily modded WRX with VF22, and possibly a NSX, a Chevy Extreme truck, a couple GTP's, and a Legacy dynoing.

These guys open really early. Last time, I think they opened at 7:30. I would say get there earlier if you can. I understand you PA guys have a longer drive, but for the more local folks...it you want to see some cool stuff, you may want to show up earlier.:)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm giving some serious consideration to coming up the night before now! My bad on the price. I'd be interesting in dynoing my WRX, but I can't see doing it unless I could do SOMETHING between runs. Tuning is a little tough with no ECU mod!

Sounds like a great time redobs, but we were planning on doing some driving that day. If I wanted to hang out and see cars on an AWD dyno, I could drive down to Turbo XS in Gaithersburg, MD and stay with friend.

Our meet is going to be more about driving and being seen than seeing torque and HP curves.

-Jim

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i'd just be a little concerned that no one else has replied to this thread but us.

like i said though, i really don't care. i'd like to see some nice rides rip up a dyno as much as i'd like to see some rexes owning the road.

maybe we could meet at burlington early, and have our road trip go out there <?>

i dunno. the pike west is a nice ride. we could just own a lane.

dR

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
If we do that, I'm going to have to come up the night before.

I was planning on leaving my house at 5:00am as it is to get there at like 11:30-12noon.

I have no problem with coming up early, my sister works at a hotel and I only pay $30/night for a room so she could change our reservations.

redobs said the place opens at like 7:30am, though. I'd bet that all of the interesting cars will be gone by the time we arrive.

dr, if you want to meet at the movie theater at like 8:30am and make it a full day, I'm game for coming up the night before, I think.

"Own a lane." I like it. :D

-Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, it's up to you guys. Afterall, it is your meet!:) I'm gonna need to be there all day, since I will be organizing this dyno day. You guys can always do your thing, stop by and then cruise again.

The only thing I need to know is if any of you are interested in dynoing, so that I can make a list of people. I understand the lack of mods and all that. Maybe you can get your hands on a MBC, and set it at 16 psi, just to see what a difference in HP would be.;)

I'm gonna try and be the first car, because I want them to tune my Unichip. It usually takes about an hour to dyno one car. Depending when people arrive, will set the schedule for seeing some sweet rides.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
redobs,

I have a Joe P, but I can't justify the expense just to see what different boost levels do for performance. I'll let some one else spend their money first. We will probably stop by, though.

-Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
there are plenty of food places around adrenalin.

either way down the road there are fast food and pizza shops, so no matter what your taste, it's most likely going to be there

I'll be there, but pete knows that from the other club

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.