Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Don't know where to put this post exactly, but braking = weight transfer = handling so here goes :)

I know the stock 16x6.5" wrx rims will not clear the subaru 4 pot calipers, but I'm curious if it is possible to build some sort of spacer to give them enough room. Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
You could go with Wilwood 4 pots as well. Supposedly they fit under the stockers.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
It truely is a shame that SOA opted for 6.5" rims vs 7", but so be it. Altasports is selling a 4 pot Willwood caliper w/ a adapter bracket, comes w/ it's own ss lines and pads (don't know brand) for $599 these will fit oe rotor and clear our 6.5" rims. They also have a 2 pot rear in the works.

I'm eventually going to upgrade to 4 pots front/ 2 rear, but haven't decided if I will get RS 7" rims for winter and purchase the Subaru brake setup or go w/ a setup that will clear the 6.5" rims.

KVR also has a 4 pot in the works that will clear our oe rims.

For now I'm satisfied w/ uprated pads, ss lines and Motul fluid- for now;) .

Big Sky

·
Registered
180 Posts
thechickencow said:
I've got some 4-pots that will fit in the car for ya.

(stolen from i-club, and sorry for not actually being any help)
that would be 3 pots and a pan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I don't really want to change rims on the car nor was I aware that wilwood had something out that would clear. Going to investigate further..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts