ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys mark your calenders for this:

This Saturday 07-17-04

The Third Annual Pitre Subaru Meet is coming up on July 17th at Pitre Subaru in AZ. The last two years have been big hits with 25+ cars coming out.. Come out to Pitre Subaru to meet the crew at Pitre, see the new Legacy and Outback Turbo models, see other club members cars, and meet some local vendors. All Vendors should contact Dave Revere at Pitre Subaru at 480-425-2806 for arrangements to have a booth.Hope to see a lot of people there. Check here herefor more information.

You can get more info at www.azscooby.com

And then afterwards we can head out to either the Pavillions or Baseline & Stapley. I live in Tucson but I will be up there for this.

J.D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
pitre meet

damn i wish i could go, i didnt get my day off request in soon enough, so i have to work saturday (10-630) sucks balls, but i will make it out to the pavillions fo sho!

it would be cool to see some tucsonian scoobys, since I use to go to school down there (UofA) :)

oh also, if any one wants to, a couple of us Costco ppl might go over to tgi fridays for late night happy hour, to get some grub and drinks. tatum and the 101, pretty close to the pavillions, so if anyone is interested, holla

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was thinkin of heading out to the Stapley/Baseline show after the Pitre thing.

J.D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah the pavillions is an early showing, i get there around 8pm and most of the oldies are gone and there are still alot of imports but they tend to leave around 10. all them "fast and furious" ppl need to go racing afterwards.... ;)

ill still go up there around 730 or so.

btw, quick question, since the huge thunderstorm last night, i wanted to get a nice bottle of car wash and decided to go with the meguires, but i didnt buy the wax because there were way too many choices and it was an overload for me!
what do you guys suggest?

tia
Aron

·
Registered
216 Posts
hey j.d. i see that you are in oro valley, what part? last summer i was living up at the biosphere2 center, i would pass oro valley everyday going into tucson for supplies. too bad bio2 is shut down for the most part. it was a fun place to be

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live at the Lambert & La Canada area. Oro Valley is a great area.
I go out to the Biosphere usally once a week on our road ride(Bike)

J.D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
oh really? what road bike you sporting? I use to ride for the UofA cycling team. i did both road and mountain, but i favor road a tad more. that is why i was asking about your roof rack a couple weeks back! sweet

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you still ride?? If you are able to ride this weekend (either road or mountain)let me know & I will bring one of the bikes up with me.

J.D.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aronicon said:
oh really? what road bike you sporting? I use to ride for the UofA cycling team. i did both road and mountain, but i favor road a tad more. that is why i was asking about your roof rack a couple weeks back! sweet
Sorry I didn't see the question. I have a 2003 Klein QC Carbon with a Ultegra. I love it!!!!

J.D.

·
Registered
56 Posts
what time does the pitre meet start? i should be able to head over there.....and then a few people i know are going over to gilbert/baseline. another biker here too! mtn only though......03 specialized fsr team edition.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fibuz said:
hrm, im thinking about heading up, should all us tucson people meet up and drive up together?
I drove up last night. WRXers call me @ (520)977-2955 to cordinate meeting up here in the Mesa/Scottsdale area.

J.D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
well it was good to finally meet all you tucson ppl. jd, your wagon is pimp. I think i counted about 14 wrx last night, not too shabby. sorry i didnt go down to baseline, it was too far for me. how was it?

i ride a trek 7000 with xt and xtr components, and an old old Faggin road bike, the frame is probably 15-20 years old, still has the freewheel hub but with new reynolds carbon fork (much better than the 4pound beast that was on there)
havent ridden in ages, all they do now is collect dust.

ok, time to go wash my filthy car now. I know i should have washed BEFORE car show but I like to do things backwards....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts