Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo, it's that time again when I have to bring my car in for maintenance...my question is, what do you guys do with your tunes? Do you throw it back to stock for a few days and then bring it in or do you guys leave on your tunes?

I'm guessing I should unplug my AP when I bring it to the dealer, too, right?

My thought is to uninstall and then unplug before I bring to the dealer...

For reference, I'm going in for a 36k maintenance. I've read various stories about people having issues with the dealer with reflashed ECUs. To be more specific, would leaving OTS Stage 1 tune installed cause issues for them doing maintenance work? Meaning, would my tune have an adverse affect on their maintenance either with timing and/or anything else that could potentially be performed? I mean, they will be doing maintenance work on a factory ECU so mine being tuned, their maintenance might throw off calibration?

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
It should not affect the process in any way. People try to hide it if they are still in warranty. Timing etc. is all handled by the ECU and they don't change the mapping unless it is a TSB or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Direct from COBB Support:

You can uninstall it at any time, if you drive the car a little before hand (50 miles or so) it will help to set the readiness monitors and may not look as suspicious [..]
Looks like I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling tonight...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts