Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me vs. a stock 350Z.

I have a MBC, gutted uppipe, exhaust cutout behind the muffler and intake hack.

350ZvsWRX

After my launch we stay dead even. Niether of us pulling. We when go from a roll we are dead even.

There is a Jetta 1.8T racing in the vid also. He is stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that looked like fun... I live in texas as well (college station) if you would ever like to have a quick run. That was a pretty cool video, but probably not that indicative of what most z's run. I have two friends here that I have wrx's that are more modified than yours and I usually pull them by the end of the race...I am sure sharkynrk will come in here and elaborate if he sees this b/c he browses this forum as well. Anyways, if you feel like a friendly run and would like to get it on video let me know.:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is right outside lubbock, tx. I am down for a race but I'm not making a trip down to college station just for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah, lubbock is definetly too far...as for the other guy...I go to TWS quite a bit. Next time you are up this way let me know and I can introduce you to some people and you can meet some of my wrx buddies. Maybe we can get some race action as well on tape. Right now I have injen intake and exhaust, xerd long-tube headers that delete the cats, unorthodox crank pulley...I will have my intake mani. and ecu by mid february. As for both of my friends they both have intake, upipe, downpipe, intercooler hoses, pulleys, unichip, mbc, bov, and some suspension braces...we could definetly have some fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lots of mods on those cars.
I have no mods on mine, but it's pretty fast stock. :)

TWS has a short 'runway' to run on, but I'm really a road race guy more so anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you should come out to our autocross event next sunday. it is only 15 bucks and you get 4 runs, more if you have a co-driver. If you want to come down saturday night you can because I am having a big party with all of www.twin-cam.net, www.styleandspeed.com, and www.texasracingscene.com. Many members will be in attendance. It is kinda a tradition we have going with my house and the night before autocross. Here is a link directly to what is going on...http://www.twin-cam.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1827 Let me know if you want to go or bring any friends so I can find a place for you to stay. My number is 979-219-2748. And be sure to bring your beer goggles because its gonna be a blast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the invite. I am having a Super Bowl party at my house though, so the weekend is shot.

I'll definitely let you know when we can get up there. My friends and I do group drives all around Brenham and Round Top on the fun country roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
350z said:
that looked like fun... I live in texas as well (college station) if you would ever like to have a quick run. That was a pretty cool video, but probably not that indicative of what most z's run. I have two friends here that I have wrx's that are more modified than yours and I usually pull them by the end of the race...I am sure sharkynrk will come in here and elaborate if he sees this b/c he browses this forum as well. Anyways, if you feel like a friendly run and would like to get it on video let me know.:)
I am the guy that owns the z and was wondering why you said "but probably not that indicative of what most z's run". I was completly stock. I dont have near the mods you do. So I think that staying even after the jump is pretty damn good considering the mods he has plus the elevation here in lubbock(3250ft). Im not trying to start a riot or anything.

Oh and did you install the headers yourself or have a shop do it? Can you really feel a difference with the ur pulley? Did you get all three or just the crank? Later

--Josh

·
Registered
599 Posts
2fast4uWRX said:
It is an old AFB and nobody uses it.

I am curious, if you were to do autoX or something involving high speed turns there, would the asphalt there chew your tires up after one day?

Because there's also an abandoned AFB in CA that held some SCCA competitions and everybody's tires would get chewed up after one or two races. Just wondering if it was the same over there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
350z said:

Wow, I have a really difficult time understanding how you can compare your modded 350Z to a stock one that was in the race. Why are people always putting disclaimers on a documented race, like the glory of the 350Z was somehow tarnished because one single stock car lost to a modded WRX? Doesn't make sense to me. I think that vid was a perfect illustration of what it takes mod wise for the Rex to hang with a stock 350Z. Says quite a bit about your car. But I assume you already think very highly of your car judging by your comments :tongue:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I kill my friends 350 z with intake and exhaust everytime we race.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow, who resurected this post from the dead? what I was trying to say is that I beat them when I was stock and they had equal mods as the guy in the video. I am not trying to say "hey I have a 350z, look at me I'm soooo cool" Now I have mods and my buddies have more mods as well. I will try and get some videos of us all racing this weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you at over 3200ft elavation? You sure arent and that explains alot. Here in the 1/4 mile you will avg about .8 sec slower. And turbo cars arent affect as much as a n/a car.

--Josh

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nah, we're fairly close to see level. Probably less than 800 feet above sea level. I don't see why I wouldn't beat him when I run low 13's and he runs low 14's.

·
980 Posts
Enough said:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts