ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was heading down to Kerbeck in AC wheni ran over something serious on the Garden State Parkway yesterday. it didn't shred the tire or anything, but it punctured the tire and put a huge frikken hole in the rim. i've never seen that happen before.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
damn, that is some oddness

any idea what you hit? I'm on the GSP everyday(work x105 home x80), and I've seen more than my fair share of odd stuff on the road. I love my Hella FF1000 driving lights for this reason.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like you've got some sidewall damage there?
About the rim: :eek:. You must have hit something pretty big!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, that is some oddness

any idea what you hit? I'm on the GSP everyday(work x105 home x80), and I've seen more than my fair share of odd stuff on the road. I love my Hella FF1000 driving lights for this reason.
beats me. it tore a chunk out of the tread too, about the size of a quarter. my only guess is some kind of hardened bolt lying just the right way in the road. this occurred right there on the Raritan River Bridge on the GSP.
Looks like you've got some sidewall damage there?
About the rim: :eek:. You must have hit something pretty big!!
no real sidewall damage, just that chunk missing in the tread.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I had this happen on my last subaru. It damn near made my head hit the ceiling. I returned to the site a minute latter to find nothing. It put a dent though the tire into the inside of the rim. :screwy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup, Subaru didn't cover it. not surprised.

the rim is $415 and the tire is $209, ouch.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
yup, Subaru didn't cover it. not surprised.

the rim is $415 and the tire is $209, ouch.
I'm sure you could pick up a used wheel here or over on Nasioc for $100. There is also no way that crap stock tire should be $209

You could get yourself all fixed up for $250.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sidewall is like cause you drove it flat or going flat... damn not so good. my other post i cracked me 02 stock rim. but i got 4 used for cheap!!!! yayyyyyyyy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts