ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

just wondered how reliable a mapped wrx would be running about 280-300bhp and whether the 2l or 2.5l engine/transmission would handle it best.

i am getting a wrx soon and would eventually be looking at trying to reach somewhere around this number, i'm not looking for crazy power and more handling ability, but unsure which year will handle it the best, i am looking at wrx's/sti's with about 50-75k miles on with full service history or near full.

TIA

·
Super Modulator
19,548 Posts
just wondered how reliable a mapped wrx would be running about 280-300bhp
Probably less reliable than a stock WRX and most of the GD WRXs have well over 150k miles these days.

whether the 2l or 2.5l engine/transmission would handle it best.
The EJ255/257 has always been the stronger platform than the EJ205. Neither are particularly overbuilt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably less reliable than a stock WRX and most of the GD WRXs have well over 150k miles these days.

The EJ255/257 has always been the stronger platform than the EJ205. Neither are particularly overbuilt.
So would you suggest going with the Hawkeye? I have my eye on multiple of both what sit between 50k and 75k miles. I just want to go with the best as a base to get me to that power figure, I intend on having the car a long time so I wouldn't ever rule out getting a built engine eventually if I ever felt like I needed more power

·
Super Modulator
19,548 Posts
If you plan on modifying, the STI is going to be the better option out of the gate.

Any decade-old STI will be questionable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you plan on modifying, the STI is going to be the better option out of the gate.

Any decade-old STI will be questionable.
Yeah I know it wont be perfect, I am intending to spend money on it eventually as long as it runs for now until the house I'm buying passes through. So would the Hawkeye wrx/sti be a better option in your opinion then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts