Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What this is just what ive been waiting for...
My Girl and I are takeing a ride..(it just finished raining) so the roads are wet...
and at the light here comes a 3000GT VR4...
so it's AWD vs AWD.... SUBARU vs. MITSU.

ok ok to the point... we raced 3 times
1st time i got him at the 1st light, launched at 5grand... and let the ass wooping began..
he kept up like 1 car length behind...
2nd... i was getting 2 happy... and jumped from 5 ot 6... oh oh... and my car (peeled the **** out) and he got ahead... but i caught up by 3rd gear... I think that car is too heavy... or the guy don't know how 2 drive man...
3rd time i was kinda mad.. cuz i didn't smoke him... then i put the pedal to the metal... launched at 4500 to make sure i didn't peel out... and smoked him really bad...he played it off like he stoped and make a U turn....

it was an ok race... but i think i could have driven better... i know he was not stock 4 sure... his car was pretty loud

and i wish i had better tires with 17"s
oh well if i did... I feel sorry 4 his ass...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nice kill.... What mods do you have?

Oh and get ready for RSXracer guy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
WRXed said:

Yeah, and get ready for all the VR4 guys too. Remember the last thread that ended up being 10 pages + ...........

·
Registered
112 Posts
WHOOOOAAA there buddy!! You can't post things like that here!!! You had better delete it from this 3000GT board and PM it to us underground WRX owners... quick, do it now... shhh... here that?

THEY'RE COMING!!! Quick, get to it!!!
def:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hellfire and brimstone, my fellow WRXer. The fiery gates of the 3000gt have now been unleashed. Get ready for the battle of epic proportion. Dug knows what's up. May there be mercy upon all of us. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I actually considered a 3000gt purchase,then a friend who owned a black one talked me out of it.He had some reliability issues with the car,but other than that,he said it was a rocket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you're right about 3000's being too heavy. They weight 4000lbs, at least the older ones. They are nice cars, one of my friends had 2 of them, but stock or even with a few mods, they aren't that fast bc of weight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
morphgabbin:
VR-4's do not weigh 4000 lbs. Mine weighs 3800 lbs. I know it's not a big difference, but just get your facts straight. As for the race? what are your mods.
I went to the track last week and saw a couple of WRX's running.
One was silver, one was blue. They ran high 14'[email protected] MPH.
i ran [email protected] MPH with a 1.8 60'.(my top end sucks, slipping clutch?)
Anyway, sounds like you had a good race.
dug-e-fresh, did you race that '99 vr-4 again? i know you guys were going to set something up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Here they come!

[Michael Buffer voice]Aaaaaaaaa let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmble![/Michael Buffer voice]:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
AWDTWNTURBO said:
morphgabbin:
VR-4's do not weigh 4000 lbs. Mine weighs 3800 lbs. I know it's not a big difference, but just get your facts straight. As for the race? what are your mods.
I went to the track last week and saw a couple of WRX's running.
One was silver, one was blue. They ran high 14'[email protected] MPH.
i ran [email protected] MPH with a 1.8 60'.(my top end sucks, slipping clutch?)
Anyway, sounds like you had a good race.
dug-e-fresh, did you race that '99 vr-4 again? i know you guys were going to set something up.

The second version, 94 and up I think? weighs around 3800, but the first ones weighed 4000 w/the adjustable suspension, adj exhaust tone, etc. So yes I do have my facts straight. And bone stock I went a 14.3, which is the same time my friends 91 VR-4 ran stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're still wrong, 91-96, they still weighed 3800 lbs.
'97+ they went down to 3730 lbs.

when i asked for mods i was talking to suby miami, but thanks for your anyway. My stock VR-4 is running the ET 91-93's are supposed to run with a lower MPH. This is alittle bit of bench racing but i should be running [email protected] stock. When i get my car fixed, i'm sure i will run that.

G

·
WRXed said:

hey u read my mind. no need for me to say what i think about these lies, uhh i mean kills, realy why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
RSXracer200 said:

hey u read my mind. no need for me to say what i think about these lies, uhh i mean kills, realy why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.:cool:
You are so funny man! Gotta love ya jokes!

·
Registered
112 Posts
why wouldnt a wrx be able to take a modded vr4 even when the wrx ****s up the launch.
because:

the guy don't know how 2 drive man...
pretty simple aint it? I personally witnessed a modded '93 3000GT TT run a 13.2 @ 108 with a 2.3 sixty foot.... 2.3!!! Thats someone whose either babying the car OR does not know how to drive it....

def

·
Registered
112 Posts
dug-e-fresh, did you race that '99 vr-4 again? i know you guys were going to set something up
We didn't really have anything set up per se, like a time or date... but we new each other was gonna be down where we go though.

That night I was at a friends B-day party getting hammered... we got a call saying that everyone was looking for me... that the 3000GT was there and ready. Sooo... my cousin and a bunch of other friends got together and ran down there (about a 30 minute drive or so). My cousin drove.... he was sober...

We get there.... all kind of people are around. The details were being sorted out and all, and the descision was made that my cousin was to race my car due to my condition. Meanwhile the onwer of the VR4 had someone else lined up to drive his car anyway.... so after a few failed attempts (police and all) the race was finally on... my cousin lost.

He came back pretty confident that if they raced again he would win.... he said he bogged REAL bad off the line and then locked him... but noone had confidence in his driving and wouldn't put anything up.

Sooo now it had been about 2 hours since we had gotten there. I hadn't had anything to drink for at least 3 hours and was feeling rather sober... Sooo, like an idiot I decided to drive my own car... this brought in the money. I think the 1st race totaled from both sides like $300... this one reached $520!

So now I expected the owner to drive his own car, as they had said in the 1st race if I drove, he would drive.... but no. The owner would not drive his car and said no deal if his driver couldn't do it. We agreed.... and we lost.

We were side by side through 3rd gear (me with a little bit of an edge early) and then he pulled pretty hard and passed me. Oh well... I should not have drove, I felt bad for all the people who had faith in me.... the whole race I just felt slow and sluggish... I guess the effects of the alcohol had yet to wear off as much as I thought they had.

I did not lose any money as I hardly ever bet, especially on myself... I feel like thats a jinx....

Some SAY he had put on a 50 shot... and thats why he did not drive his own car, and supposedly why he pulled so hard near the end... the guy who drove was SAID to be pretty familiar at running a turbo/awd/n2o car.

I dont believe that personally, HOWEVER, someone very reliable did say he had a boost controller on the car... which he said before he didn't.... again THIS IS ALL HERESAY!!!!!!

On the street, you hear alot of things.... some is true some is not. Its hard to sort it all out... harder still not to listen....

I know what I believe, that night the 3000GT was faster. Plain and simple... I dont care how or why... it just was. Oh well....:D

Actually I have another WRX that wants to race him if hes game... but not sure when the owner can get out. Stay tuned!!;)

def

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.