Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup. That's my goal (roughly). I don't race, so i'm not looking for 12 second car ;). I just want a nice, safe, daily driveable car with 300 hp. Why 300? Well, it's a nice round number. One that would definately be fun bragging about. :) and whatever else. Just something to shoot for...

What would it take to get to that number?

Vishnu kit: 265+- (same with other kits).

Any thoughts? comments? Suggestions..

Priorities....

1. Safety (for driver and engine) [ie, not cranking boost to 18 psi on all stock stuff..hehe]
2. Price (don't have buckos of $$$ to throw out either) <-- i wish!

~V

·
1,911 Posts
I say send your turbo to get upgraded at FP. That should get you 300 HP and is super cheap. Then tune away with Unichip and get uppipe/downpipe/EBC. Tada! 300 HP. You could also use a VF30 or 24. Whatever one is smaller (pardon me if I'm a bit ignorant on the VF turbos since they are all way too small for my needs).

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
you could just rip out the motor entirely and replace it with a Chevy 454...heck that'll get you more than 300 easily.

actually if you're going to spend some $5-6K on performance upgrades you could have probably bought a car that could outperform the wrx to begin with.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blarg said:
you could just rip out the motor entirely and replace it with a Chevy 454...heck that'll get you more than 300 easily.

actually if you're going to spend some $5-6K on performance upgrades you could have probably bought a car that could outperform the wrx to begin with.
hehe..that would rock...little car lie that..big huge engine. :)

nah, i'm not into speing $5k on performance. Just thought it would be nice to have a nice round 300hp number. Will it ever happen? Not anytime soon...

Tis nice to dream though. :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
well it would make the car WAY to front-heavy....i saw a Miata at an auto show a while ago with a V-8 in it....just one question....WHY?!?!?!?

you could get to around 300hp at the flywheel for under $2K...at the wheels....you're looking at $5-6k....at which point you could have gotten a used M3 or something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
DuckRide said:
I am ignorant, but who or what is FP? How does it work?

//M
fp is forced performance down in kyle texas. They actually take your stock turbo and modify the housings to accept a bigger garrett compressor wheel. Robert said that their turbo is capable of 330 crank hp if it was pushed a little bit.

On an aside and a cheap shameless plug, I have one laying around my shop if someone is interested.

Chad

·
Registered
7 Posts
how much does the FP job cost? what's the turn around time for it? would I need to upgrade to bigger fuel pump and injectors?
sorry for asking so many questions but this is one thing I was thinking about doing cuz I'm cheap and like the idea of having a "stock" looking turbo.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
not true. run a search on the site and see what the S4 guys think. :D

5-6K on a rex, and you just transformed your child seat safety wagon in to a asphalt eating track machine capable of eating all sorts of cars, including E46 M3's. you could basically turn the rex into an Sti, and THEN some with that money. turbo, injectors, f pump, exhaust, and a bunch of more minor stuff like piggyback, hoses and suspension.

sionara

dR

·
Registered
17 Posts
300hp. i like that number too.

5 grand on a wrx won't give you a faster car.
for the price of a new wrx you can get a 97 m3 with about 40grand on the odo (i've been looking ;)

who knows, i may just save a wack of dough and buy the performance bargain of the year... > nissan se-r spec-v.

...but i doubt it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.