ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my wrx today and when I got home noticed that the headlamps were fogging up inside the housing. It was raining and about 60 degrees outside. Has anyone had this happen to them? The dealer said its because its cold out side and my response was that my 7 year old ford truck did not do this in the rain. But the shape of my headlamps in the ford truck did not have and place that water could sit and maybe build up heat/moisture under the water. IMAG0404.jpg View attachment 99743 IMAG0412.jpg IMAG0403.jpg IMAG0413.jpg View attachment 99745 IMAG0402.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had my 07 wrx for about a month now with a few rainfalls but no fogging up. looks like it has something to do with the temp. and moisture

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to add it felt pretty humid out today even though it was raining but I had a feeling that someone would just say "well duh its raining".

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey buddy, take the car back in. Headlamps were not made correctly. The headlamps were probably not put on right, i got my 2011 wrx i do not have that ever happen to me. Trust me take it back and make them fix it u have like a week to return ur car if u dont like it. New cars should not have problems like this. If you get fogging up from the inside is because its wet inside. Thats my advice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A tiny crack anywhere in the headlight assembly or a damaged gasket between the bulb and the headlight assembly can allow air to enter. Then every time you turn on the headlights the assembly heats up pushing air out then when it cools it will suck air back in. If the air going in happens to have a little moisture in it it will condense to the inside of the lens. Do that a few times and the lens will look terrible.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the info What should I do to make sure they actually replace them? Put a tiny mark somewhere on the back side of the housing?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
You can request to see your old parts, since it is a warranty job you cant have them back but you can request to see proof of repair. That is definitely condensation.. In my career I've had to replace headlamp housings for dumber reasons.. Good luck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Is this a Limited? Just curious since the HID assembly is typically quite a bit more expensive. Should not be an issue for you though since it should be covered by warranty. It's only 3 hours old.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If i was you go back in there, be pissed AS HELL! I know this i worked for subaru. But yeah be pissed and tell them to fix it, if they dont want to fix it, find a lawyer and sue them. If they tell you it will go away be like I allready had it look by an Subaru certified tech. (me) Dont let them put **** in your head. This is just excuses, did you ever test their knowledge the guys that accually do the selling? MORONS! This might go away but when it rains it will fog up again. Especially in the winter you wont have no headlamps. This is dangerous. This is probably an 2011? Am i correct? It probably was in the inventory parts where everything got flooded when the tsunami hit so subaru used some of the parts they could retrieve. Hope this isnt the case but, dont let them do this to you. If mine ever does ill sue them!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this a Limited? Just curious since the HID assembly is typically quite a bit more expensive. Should not be an issue for you though since it should be covered by warranty. It's only 3 hours old.
It's a base. I think the led flash from my phone gave the hid look.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Wow... Um.. Be cordial and explain to them that isn't acceptable and you will be taken care of I'm sure. No need to piss down someone's throat because your headlamps need replaced.. It's a Subaru for Christ sake..

·
Registered
750 Posts
If i was you go back in there, be pissed AS HELL! I know this i worked for subaru. But yeah be pissed and tell them to fix it, if they dont want to fix it, find a lawyer and sue them. If they tell you it will go away be like I allready had it look by an Subaru certified tech. (me) Dont let them put **** in your head. This is just excuses, did you ever test their knowledge the guys that accually do the selling? MORONS! This might go away but when it rains it will fog up again. Especially in the winter you wont have no headlamps. This is dangerous. This is probably an 2011? Am i correct? It probably was in the inventory parts where everything got flooded when the tsunami hit so subaru used some of the parts they could retrieve. Hope this isnt the case but, dont let them do this to you. If mine ever does ill sue them!
Gee... That seems a little extreme. No need to act like tool on the first visit. See how willing they are to help him first. The dealership may be more reluctant to help with that sort of attitude.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They told me to bring it in and they will fix it because I'm obviously still under warranty. I'm just wondering are they going to give me a loaner or order new headlamps and have me come back when they are in?

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They told me to bring it in and they will fix is because I'm obviously still under warranty. I'm just wondering are they going to give me a loaner or order new headlamps and have me come back when they are in?

Sent from tapatalk.
I'm pretty sure your dealer will be willing to work things out. When I had my SPT exhaust put on I left the car at my dealership after work and they sent me out with a loaner overnight. Most likely unless its really inconvenient for you they'll order the part and give you a call when the part is in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would be pissed, knowing they used retrieved parts on my car? are you kidding me? I wouldnt even let them fix it. I would request a new car. Trust me if one part is bad something else will be too. I know more stuff about Subaru's than 99% of people on here. But thats just me, If i pay for new car I expect nothing less. I dont like people messing with my money or my car, new cars are not supposed to be messed with.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
OP, it's probably due to the back of the lamp where the bulb goes in not sealing tightly, either because they're installed correctly or the gasket isn't fitting right.

Trust me take it back and make them fix it u have like a week to return ur car if u dont like it.
Um no you don't. What would ever give you that idea? Once you sign the paperwork and walk out the door, the car is yours.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Take it in tommorow and just cooperate with them, if they dont want to replace it make them fix it, and if they say they will, when they are done take it home and take a hoes and pore really cold water over them for like 2 mins and then turn ur lights on for 5 mins if there is fogging up again they didnt make it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know more stuff about Subaru's than 99% of people on here.
You may know more, but having that attitude with only 23 post to contribute will not get you very good reputation here. Also your generalization is absurd.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay seriously? Iam not looking to argue with you KHP, If your trying to start quit...
This is only a website what do i have to contribute? LOL
Iam just trying to help the man out, If its so absurd why am I a tech then?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts