Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok apologies to the club for a few of my potentially redundant questions... I havent been able to do the complete search on some of them quite yet.

But I have heard (and now seen) that for some reason the WRX's get a CE light with the 3" turbo back exhaust.

Is there an easy fix for this or does anyone know what the cause is? My guess is with 3 cats, (there is 3 right?) the ECU is probably doing a comparison of the two O2 voltages, and therefore when it sees a voltage level different than it is programmed for, it throws the CE light. Does that sound right?

What have those of you who have experienced this problem done to correct this? Or is there a fix?

Thanks....

·
1,911 Posts
That is correct. You can remove the 1st cat and the 3rd cat no problem but when you remove the second the ECU has a fit. My downpipe does not have such problems due to the way I make the sensor adaptor fitting. As far as I know I have the only one of it's kind in the world. Of course, if you're going standalone later on, you needn't worry about CE lights at all.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
God refers to the toy he is currently waiting to receive, a kicka$$ standalone engine control unit from AEM that should totally unlock his super-boosted silver wagon. I want one too!

God, I downloaded the beta version of the PC program from AEM's site. It looks very impressive. The neutral rev limiter should help me nail down my launches at the track. I really want one those ECU's.

-Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
GOd and PlatinumWRX:

The AEM ECU you guys referring to must be around 1.5K range right. I heard most standalone will cost a small fortune and a lot of fine tunning but worth it if you really really wanted to go fast.

God, I am really looking forward to see the progress on your car. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts