Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know about this mod but how do you get the hose off the coupler. i tried but i felt like the hose was going to rip when i started to apply some real force?
please help i want to do this mod asap.
thanks
jesse

·
Registered
61 Posts
removing the hoses

It literally took me 45 mins to get that damn thing off. get 2 rags and put one in each hose and start turning it until it starts to come off. Trust me use a rag or towel, i learned my lesson, now i have water bubbles in my thumbs:mad: . I also used a lighter to loosen up the rubber hoses a little.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
did you try searching?
if not here then try scoobymods.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you miguel! i could not find any where some one saying how they get the damn thing lose.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had mine off and on I don't know how many times (like a dozen or more). Ripped 1 hose...the high temp hoses right over the turbo get brittle...$1.50 straight from subaru.

VV

sht said:
i know about this mod but how do you get the hose off the coupler. i tried but i felt like the hose was going to rip when i started to apply some real force?
please help i want to do this mod asap.
thanks
jesse

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got it off pretty ez, the hard part was getting the hose back on.

·
Registered
907 Posts
"Third do not replace the T going to the wastegate actuator with the straight through coupling. This will remove the boost solenoid and basically continuously dump boost through the wastegage. The impact will be that the most boost you will get will around 9 lbs."

If this is true than i'd better replace my T. But i am getting full boost?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The Inline connector is the one to be replaced, not the Tee. Leave the factory Tee alone, as it sounds like you've done. All he is saying is that if you remove the FBC from the loop, you will just end up with whatever boost the wastegate spring is set for. Play with the black 1/8" inline connector only and you're fine.

VV

Nexus6 said:
"Third do not replace the T going to the wastegate actuator with the straight through coupling. This will remove the boost solenoid and basically continuously dump boost through the wastegage. The impact will be that the most boost you will get will around 9 lbs."

If this is true than i'd better replace my T. But i am getting full boost?

·
Registered
907 Posts
well i replaced the factory T with a bigger one. So I was wondering if that was what he meant not to change.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Using a larger than factory T will reduce your boost (creates a larger opening to the wastegate actuator, setting it off quicker). Give the factory piece a try.

Nexus6 said:
well i replaced the factory T with a bigger one. So I was wondering if that was what he meant not to change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts