ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just passing along information:

2nd Annual AWD event will be February 23rd, 2008.

there are 3 different stops...

"Here are the maps for the event, we will be meeting at picnic island at 12 sharp and leaving by 2 to our first destination which is steak and shake on hillsborough"

first one:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...67,-82.437973&spn=0.268179,0.466919&z=11&om=0

second stop:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...6284,-82.501831&spn=1.07381,1.867676&z=9&om=0

third stop:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...91,-82.665253&spn=0.537101,0.933838&z=10&om=0

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awd meet > wedding

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump for awesomeness =)

btw if anyone is coming from the orlandoish area, my friends and i here are going to all meet up first then head out to the 1st stop.

let me know!

·
Registered
0 Posts
damb thats kinda far

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah.. if my calculations are correct its about 5 hours one way.. =|

oh well!

·
Registered
43 Posts
For everyone going to the AWD Drive Meet. There is a show at 688 Skatepark at 6140 Ulmerton Road. Which is right down the road form where we have our last stop. Come out and support the some great hardcore bands. Make or Break will be playing, and for those of you who dont know they supposedly broke up back in August, so to see them is a real BIG deal. Just thought i would let everyone know about an awesome show to end and awesome day.:biggrin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I might come out in the GTI. Hopefully by then I'll have the vr6 supercharged by then.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might come out in the GTI. Hopefully by then I'll have the vr6 supercharged by then.
youre going to supercharge your car in 7 days? :tongue:

hope to see ya there anyway. you'll have fun!

·
Registered
97 Posts
no im trying to pick up a car thats got a VR6 that is having the SC installed as we speak. it might not happen because im trying to sell the GTI that i currently own, and yet i'm trying to buy another one at the same time.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no im trying to pick up a car thats got a VR6 that is having the SC installed as we speak. it might not happen because im trying to sell the GTI that i currently own, and yet i'm trying to buy another one at the same time.
oh gotcha.. my brother just traded in his stage 2 GLI for a rabbit (he has great plans for it apparently). haha. i'm also thinking about getting the new r32 if they ever decide to come out with the manual again in the next year or so. if not, might just pick up another GTI or an audi... hmm... haha we'll see

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, I really want to come out for the event, I'd like to travel out with some people from central FL area, but I might have some trouble keeping up with everyone, any ideas?

·
Registered
97 Posts
oh gotcha.. my brother just traded in his stage 2 GLI for a rabbit (he has great plans for it apparently). haha. i'm also thinking about getting the new r32 if they ever decide to come out with the manual again in the next year or so. if not, might just pick up another GTI or an audi... hmm... haha we'll see
well the deal with the R32 is that they will only release it once a generation. so you can start saving for it now and by the time VW releases it (usually 4-6 years) you should have enough to pay it off. :)

i agree with you, i'll never drive a DSG R32... no fun. :rolleyes: that and the 2004 R32 > 2008 R32. the seats in the 2004 are reason enough alone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
just out of curiousity have any of yall ever driven a DSG trannied car? one word describes it.. glorious. however for sheer fun id say manual, but for the sheer fun of houston traffic ill take a DSG any day.

Matt

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chevy Avalanche, it's equivlent to a yacht driving down the road, and has trouble keeping up with plenty of cars.

Depending on how quickly people want to get there, I might not be able to meet those needs.

(Had a WRX, long story short it threw the timing belt as I left the dealership, so I'm back to my truck now, posting on this forum because I really want one)

·
Registered
97 Posts
just out of curiousity have any of yall ever driven a DSG trannied car? one word describes it.. glorious. however for sheer fun id say manual, but for the sheer fun of houston traffic ill take a DSG any day.

Matt
I Have several friends with DSG GTIs and haven driven one of the new R32s as well they are cool and I felt like a formula one driver, but I'll stick with the manual unless I slip and mess up my knees and can no longer drive stick.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts