ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
So tell me if this sounds legit. I met another WRX owner at a car show and he told me that he was making full boost (28 psi) at 2,800 rpm. Granted he had a Perrin intake, Cobb tuner, lightweight crank pulley, STI turbo with a turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rail, Perrin FMIC, and maybe some small other enhancers. The reason I ask is because I know he lied about how he did all the work on the car himself, when I know he bought it from a dealership ( I saw it there for a while, then it was gone, and shortly after I saw him with it. Not long enough to do barely any of those mods and get a custom paint job)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
No, it's highly unlikely he can even hit 28psi on that turbo period, let alone that soon

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I find it hard to believe that someone would target 28 PSI out of a VFXX turbo...

2.0L or 2.5L?

I hit 21 PSI ~3100 RPMs on my car.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Would you happen to know what psi a STI turbo is good for?
Efficiently I would say 22-24psi is about as high as you can get, but that's just a guess. IHI doesn't reveal their compressor maps to know for sure

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
My VF22 was pretty much maxed out at 23.5psi.. as a matter of fact, if it had been capable of more it would have needed an upgraded wastegate actuator to achieve higher boost. The wastegate was already being forced open with WGDC at 99%.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
28 @ 2,800? :bs:

28 @ 28,000 :rotfl:

Also answered here.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So tell me if this sounds legit. I met another WRX owner at a car show and he told me that he was making full boost (28 psi) at 2,800 rpm. Granted he had a Perrin intake, Cobb tuner, lightweight crank pulley, STI turbo with a turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rail, Perrin FMIC, and maybe some small other enhancers. The reason I ask is because I know he lied about how he did all the work on the car himself, when I know he bought it from a dealership ( I saw it there for a while, then it was gone, and shortly after I saw him with it. Not long enough to do barely any of those mods and get a custom paint job)
Who cares if he has a jet engine in his car... Why does it matter? He could have built the car overnight. I know a lot of people that buy tons of parts, then buy a car and over night its a totally different car.
Really why do you feel the need to tear into someone?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
rc_wizard said:
It was the 06 / 07
He is aware that the OE MAP sensor doesn't read 28PSI, right?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
rc_wizard said:
I don't know lol. Is there a way to modify it to read 28 PSI?
Replacing it with a third-party one (e.g., AEM, OMNI, etc.)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts