Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2018 WRX and i am looking at getting new wheels and need help with fitment. I already have new tires which are 235/45r17 and i am looking at some enkei RPF1 wheels which are 17x9 with a 45mm offset. Am i going to have problems with this or will it be fine. Stock height atm but some people say i could rub on the front but i need advice from educated Subaru guys so hopefully i can get some help here.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
That tire is going to be pretty narrow for the wheel in my opinion. you probably want a 245 or 255.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not to concerned about stretching the tire as I believe the 235 can fit a 9” wide wheel. I’m just worried about a 38 or 45mm offset with a 9” wide wheel. Lots of wheel sites said they aren’t compatible but I’m not sure why, just seing if anyone else has the same set up

·
Registered
142 Posts
You usually want the offset to be as close to stock as possible. But I am with XJ on this one. Get a fatter tire or look into thinner rims. You’re going to be stretching that tire out a bit

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I’m not to concerned about stretching the tire as I believe the 235 can fit a 9” wide wheel. I’m just worried about a 38 or 45mm offset with a 9” wide wheel. Lots of wheel sites said they aren’t compatible but I’m not sure why, just seing if anyone else has the same set up
You could probably stretch a 205 on there but that doesn’t make it correct. Find a narrower wheel or a wider tire

·
Registered
370 Posts
you do not necessarily want the offset to be the same as stock if you are changing the width of the wheel. the really important number to keep as close to stock as possible, among wheels that actually fit, is the wheel's backspace, or the distance from the inside of the hub to the end of the inside of the wheel. that makes sure the wheel will still be as centered as stock and will mess with the suspension's geometry as little as possible.

that said, what you are asking about is exactly what i am running, 17x9x45 enkei rpf1's with the stock 235x45x17 tires. it is stretched quite a bit but it looks good, this is absolutely the most i would ever stretch a tire tho. i wanted a wider wheel so that when the stock tires are EOL i can put 255 or, hopefully 265s on there and get what i really want, a nice fat tire.

also i dont think im rubbing anywhere, but i haven't really closely inspected it yet, it sure dosent feel like i am... next oil change is soon and i will definitely be taking the front wheels off and taking a close look at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts