ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm brand new to the forum and I'm on rally sport direct building my wish list for the car. I used to Auto X my old car and loved the improved handling that a larger sway bar and beefier endlinks provided.. Right now I'm doing an almost all white line suspension build minus bushings for now, with Kart boy non adjustable endlinks *I've had nothing but head aches with adjustable on my old car."
Here in lies my question; I was thinking about going 22 all around for even handling, soft up front, firmer in the rear. The price difference is considerable between the 22 and 24 mm bars. The car will be mainly a DD with very brief track duty at Lime Rock and NHMS, so I'd rather save a few bucks and get by on 22. What do you guys think?

Whiteline Rear Sway Bar 22mm Adjustable Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2011 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com 22 rear $211

Whiteline Front Sway Bar 22mm Adjustable Subaru STI 2008-2011 / WRX 2011 at RallySportDirect.com 22 front $187

Whiteline Front Sway Bar 24mm Adjustable Subaru STI 2008-2011 / WRX 2011 at RallySportDirect.com 24 front $211

Whiteline Rear Sway Bar 24mm Adjustable Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2011 WRX / STI) at RallySportDirect.com 24 rear $273

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just answered my own question by reading the very very well laid out Suspension tuning / swaybar and endlink FAQ ~~'''

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Stock springs? 24 F / 22 R. The 22 F can be adjusted to a 24 setting I believe.

If you upgrade your springs/dampers, you may want to consider going with a thicker setup, which would be a problem if you went with the thinner front bar.

Either way, go 22mm in the rear; going beyond 24mm (stiff setting on the 22 R) would probably not be ideal. Be realistic with what you'll upgrade in the future, and choose your front bar accordingly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, stock springs. I plan on staying at or close to stock ride height.. And thank you for the advice. They are 3 way adjustable, so at it's stiffest setting it would be at or around the soft setting for a 24mm bar ~I assume.~

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, I appreciate the input. -n00b moment- how would I go about getting in touch with the vendors?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts