ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car dynoed today at Pann Auto Sports ant got 224 hp and 215 lbs of torque on their dyno dynamax (same one as vishnu dyno). My car was so rich the air fuel fell off the graph. my mods are vf34, helix catted downpipe, uppipe, and helix exhaust, walboro pump, sti injectors and turbo xs bov.. i know the dyno is suppose to read low, but this low. i have Cobb stage 2.5 by the way. does this sound right? i basically have Cobb's stage 2 power instead of stage 2.5.:confused:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
don't know anything about dynos but your right, cobb stage 2 is i think 220 whp. i think you need a tune. good luck

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live in Sandiego and the temp. was about 85 degrees and somewhat humid. i can't imagine losing that much horsepower though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have my dyno runs done at KTR performance in Massachusetts.
Franz their dyno wizard told me that their Dynomax records about 220 WHP for a stock STI, and only 155-160 for a stock Rex.

So, you've got over 300 flywheel HP in a machine that weighs over two hundred lbs less than an STI. Sounds pretty good to me!
By the way, the Dynomax is said to give very accurate and repeatable results.:cool:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EIonJess said:
not sure what to tell you. I am a little concerned now for myself. My car was on that same dyno with a Turboxs stage 2 and put down 225hp. I guess I better get back there and dyno again with Cobb's setup.:confused:
YOu have more horsepower than me and i'm stage 2.5 it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Here's my Cobb stage 1 w/a JDM STi up, stock restrictor (not Cobb provided one).

Going to go back to KTR soon to see what changes come as result of going to stage 2.

-tp

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Eionjess,yes, and the psi went all the way up to 19 psi. on the graph i started losing power at that rpm and than the ecu corrects itself and the power went back up after that. that was strange to me. i think i should be putting down more power than that. i can't find my paper right now and i don't even know how to download it on this site.:confused:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Teep said:
Here's my Cobb stage 1 w/a JDM STi up, stock restrictor (not Cobb provided one).

Going to go back to KTR soon to see what changes come as result of going to stage 2.

-tp
so the cobb stage one is reading about 20 something horsepower more than yours.:confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
b4437 said:
yes, and the psi went all the way up to 19 psi. on the graph i started losing power at that rpm and than the ecu corrects itself and the power went back up after that. that was strange to me. i think i should be putting down more power than that. i can't find my paper right now and i don't even know how to download it on this site.:confused:
19psi? I never spike over 17psi on my setup. I'm gonna PM ya.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
b4437 said:
so the cobb stage one is reading about 20 something horsepower more than yours.:confused:
Yeah but on KTR's, not Cobb's dyno, they call it the 'heartbreaker'.

If my stage 2 dynos at 200 I'll be satisfied... I have a feeling though I'll be just under 2, I still run the 3rd cat along with a bosal dp, STi resonator pipe and muffler.

BTW I noted my full dyno chart (4 pulls) to Cobb and got a response (about trying the restrictor) perhaps they'd be interested to see yours? If you can't scan your graph, have a friend with a digital camera take a close up picture of it for you.

What's important is your car runs well and healthy!

Good luck!

-tp

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Teep said:
Yeah but on KTR's, not Cobb's dyno, they call it the 'heartbreaker'.

If my stage 2 dynos at 200 I'll be satisfied... I have a feeling though I'll be just under 2, I still run the 3rd cat along with a bosal dp, STi resonator pipe and muffler.

BTW I noted my full dyno chart (4 pulls) to Cobb
and got a response (about trying the restrictor) perhaps they'd be interested to see yours? If you can't scan your graph, have a friend with a digital camera take a close up picture of it for you.

What's important is your car runs well and healthy.

Good luck!

-tp
yeah man, i do want my car to be safe too. It is just running too rich for me. i'll get my ex to scan it for me and download it.:)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts