Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 WRX - Grey
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have issue filling there 2022 WRX? I've filled mine up twice since getting it and both times the pump has clicked off way before full.

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
I'd bring it up at the dealer. There are some pumps that will keep kicking out on my Jeep, but it's those pumps and not the jeep.

There are a few issues that could cause it, all warranty work.

·
In Æternum
16,890 Posts
I just assumed this was normal behavior with all cars.

Every rental car too.

·
Registered
16 WRX cvt
578 Posts
Try slowing down the throttle (handle) when you know your getting close to full, I find out it helps a lot to not trigger the thing prematuraly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone else have issue filling there 2022 WRX? I've filled mine up twice since getting it and both times the pump has clicked off way before full.
Most of the time it is caused by to much air in the fuel and an improperly vented fuel tank. If people actually pay attention at the pump, it happens on almost all newer vehicles. They don’t want people “topping” off their fuel tanks as that results in a higher amount of fuel spillage.

On my 2022 WRX I can put another 3-3.5 gallons in the tank after the pump kicks off just by barely easing the fuel nozzle handed to a very slow rate.

My 2010 Dodge diesel I can get another 5 gallons in the tank the same way after the pump kicks off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts