Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. I prefer dealer to fix stuff too, but wondering if anyone has experience with issues in years 3-8 and if they think $1850 is worth it.
$1850 plus interest is not a lot to pay over 5 (or loan term) years. Not sure if you’ll need it, but that nice dealership wasn’t built on them paying $10,000s out on extended warranties (assuming in house).

What is your deductible? Mileage limit? Can you go to any Subaru dealership? If you sell the car, does the balance of the warranty transfer? What are the exclusions (sometimes screens and certain gaskets/parts are excluded)? Are you liable to pay diagnosis cost? Does it include towing to nearest dealership? Have you seen reviews on the company that handles the warranty to see if they actually pay out? What maintenance is required and are you willing to keep to it?

Lots of variables here to consider before anyone can truly say if it’s a good deal.

· Registered
51 Posts
That’s actually not a terrible deal based on what you supplied. Especially considering the potential RTV issue. What are the exclusions? I know you said same as factory but usually there are more written in to the extended. It’ll likely be one of the last sections. PM it or post it and I’ll read through it. Picking up my MY23 this month so curious myself.

1 - 2 of 8 Posts