Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
In Æternum
23,561 Posts
But the dealership told me not to pass peak boost and I did. I didn’t ask how I just told him ok
Your statement doesn't make sense to me.

Are you in the break-in period? If so, you shouldn't be giving it too much throttle.

Boost is irrelevant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2022 and live in no va around 875ft above sea level and i normally drive sedately once in a while i will kick it and the highest boost i have ever seen is 13. i reset my gauges every time i fill up with gas. lately it has been 12.8 0r 12.9. 2700 miles

·
Registered
2022 Subaru WRX 6MT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i have a 2022 and live in no va around 875ft above sea level and i normally drive sedately once in a while i will kick it and the highest boost i have ever seen is 13. i reset my gauges every time i fill up with gas. lately it has been 12.8 0r 12.9. 2700 miles
How do you reset your gauges. I can’t find that in the manual nor can I figure it out. Thank you.

·
In Æternum
23,561 Posts
I think they are reset with the trip odometer reset
They are reset in the options menu of the MFD. The MFD was changed since my 2015, but on my car the boost gauge is reset by holding down the "Enter" button while on the boost gauge. It will prompt the user to confirm "clearing the gauge"

·
Registered
2 Posts
The guage keeps the maximum boost pressure you reached since the last time the guage was reset. You can manually reset it through the settings, meter settings on the main screen while the car is stopped. However, I have noticed that, for no particular reason at all, or any pattern that I can figure out, it randomly resets on its own every once in a while. I cannot figure that out. I also have my guages set to show my gas range on top of the boost guage. That randomly changes to the current gas mileage for no reason as well. Can't figure that out. I also live in North Central Florida and the most boost I have ever gotten out of the 2022 WRX is 12.7. Right now my guage is saying 12.5. Pretty low boost but that;s apparently what the 2022 puts out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i run my 2022 gently most of the time but i do enjoy kicking it when it's safe once a day while driving to work early in the morning when it's cool. redline in second and third and when i let off of the gas at 80 it makes the classic subaru burble. when i looked at the boost gauge it says 12.5. usually it's always 12.9?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a reset button on the center console under the settings tab. it resets the boost max to 0.0 and when you drive what ever the highest number it gets it stays there. It's just a tracker to show you what was your max boost in the car. Mine is at 13.4. I only got that because it was a cold morning and i was flooring it. Dont trip over it resets its self or anything. its just telling you what was your highest boost level.

·
Registered
2022 WRX Premium 6MT
1 Posts
2022 Premium 6MT, just chiming in to add that I have also noticed the max boost resetting itself. Mine was from an 11.7 max to 9.6. 12.1 currently.
I have never manually reset mine. 2,180 miles currently, Southeast Georgia.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts