Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few tools, about 30 minutes, and a pair of nuts, are all it takes to install the upcoming Killer B Motorsport Dual Vortex Catch Cans. Designed specifically for the Turbo FA24 DIT engine in the 2022+WRX. Stay tuned formore!

Product Material property Automotive exhaust Auto part Metal

· Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
I love your guys parts! I have your holy header, pick up, pan and baffle on my built STi. I am sure that the R&D on this AOS was well done by you guys. The only problem I see is that IAG's AOS has been the go to by shops and consumers for years. Myself included, I have the IAG v3 AOS on my car. How does this stack up against there's?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I love your guys parts! I have your holy header, pick up, pan and baffle on my built STi. I am sure that the R&D on this AOS was well done by you guys. The only problem I see is that IAG's AOS has been the go to by shops and consumers for years. Myself included I have the IAG v3 AOS on my car. How does this stack up against there's?
You're not wrong... on the EJ engines. We've made an AOS for many years specific to the EJs, but we are not a marketing powerhouse like IAG, so we're not winning any popularity contest. We sell that AOS mostly to high dollar, or track guys, guys that are looking for a different solution.

When it comes to the DIT engines, from our research and testing, an EJ AOS design, is just not the way to go. It works like snow tires work in the summer. The FA24 has different ports (sizes and quantity), a very different PCV system design, and different venting characteristics. Despite still being an H-4, it's a very different engine. Treating it like an EJ can work, but there's a better way of doing it. Coincidentally, we developed and have been using a very similar design on 911s (through a sister company) since 2017. It works remarkably well on those DIT engines, so when the FA24 came out, we tested, I changed the design to accommodate the platform differences, and it's been working very well. Best part, it's MUCH less expensive and WAY easier to install than all the current popular offerings, EJ or otherwise.

Here's a look at the 911 version mounted on the passenger side turbo inlet...

Bicycle part Audio equipment Auto part Gadget Metal

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On another note in regard to ease of installation. As shown in the first pic, the hoses come pre-crimped onto the units and the firewall mounted unit comes with the bracket pre-installed too. Once the TMIC is removed and OEM PCV stuff prepped, installing the Killer B AOS dual units is 4 hose clamps, 2 nuts, threading the OEM PVC Valve into an adapter, threading the barb adapter into the block, and a couple of zip ties.

There is no coolant, or hoses to mix up, and WAY less connections to deal with. The popular AOS units take hours to install, and this setup took me about an hour and that was with taking notes and pictures for installation instructions. A good tech will certainly be much faster.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When will this be available and I’m ready to put my flame suit on are you guys planning on doing an Unholy header for FA24?
In Alpha testing right now, but we've tested this particular design on other DIT engines (Subaru too) with really good results. Beta testing after that, and then see where it leads us.

NO UEL!!! LOL We made some for the FA20 and lost our shirt on them. When we put the price point where we made money, and there were no sales. When we dropped the price to where there were sales (and not a lot, like 10/year) we lost money on each one sold. So, we're dropping them for 2023. Part of the issue is that we can't get materials at a decent price point with lower volumes :(

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,750 Posts
In Alpha testing right now, but we've tested this particular design on other DIT engines (Subaru too) with really good results. Beta testing after that, and then see where it leads us.

NO UEL!!! LOL We made some for the FA20 and lost our shirt on them. When we put the price point where we made money, and there were no sales. When we dropped the price to where there were sales (and not a lot, like 10/year) we lost money on each one sold. So, we're dropping them for 2023. Part of the issue is that we can't get materials at a decent price point with lower volumes :(
I'm a tool maker in the auto industry. It's not just you guys fighting material costs. We are getting annihilated on material costs.

Our carbide costs have tripled in the past few years as well.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a tool maker in the auto industry. It's not just you guys fighting material costs. We are getting annihilated on material costs.

Our carbide costs have tripled in the past few years as well.
It has been nuts for sure! We've dropped a few products because the market just won't pay the cost of admission anymore, which is understandable.

Finally starting to see some material costs stabilize, so hoping that's a sign of things to come!

· Super Moderator
3,430 Posts

Good. It has been proven time and time again that EL exhaust manifolds are superior in every way. And I dont understand why people say the sound is terrible. I have the KillerB HOLY header, rotated turbo and ETS catback and the sound is amazing and still throaty. Wish I was rich so I could buy a second set of your headers to hang in the garage!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts