Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've got a new WRX and I don't like the squish in the drivetrain. Like, the jerkyness that shows up in first and reverse maintaing a low speed. I put in a grimmspeed pitch stop mount. Wasn't quite enough. Installed a Perrin transmission mount and those rear axle bushing inserts. Still not good. Just 3D printed and installed some of the transmission crossmember bushings and it's still not quite how I'd like it to be. What's there to limit rotation on the front of the engine? Would I be looking for engine mounts?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine mounts and driver mod. Extremely careful throttle control will eliminate that jerkiness, it's been around for years.

Not sure why you printed bushings, VA bushings apparently fit VB.
I'll look for some engine mounts when they show up. I'll admit that I'm taking a super long time to get smooth with this thing. Drove a 5 speed blazer for a long time years ago, but that's not helping me much, apparently LOL.

Printed the bushings because $7 in filament is way less than I could find them online!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I printed them in 95A TPU which I've been dying to try for bushings for a while now. I'm going to see how they hold up for now, but those Energy Suspension ones will be my go-to if they start dying on me. Thanks!

· Registered
2021 WRX
809 Posts
Yes & no, it transfers more of the impulse but reduces oscillation. The jerkiness here is mostly the gearbox oscillating around front driveshafts at low speed because of soft bushings & mounts.

I printed them in 95A TPU which I've been dying to try for bushings for a while now. I'm going to see how they hold up for now, but those Energy Suspension ones will be my go-to if they start dying on me. Thanks!
That sounds about the same if not more. Most aftermarket bushings are ~90A & the stock bushings were relatively soft rubber.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
Not very long. 3d printing doesn't make a solid part. They will fall apart quickly. Buy poly bushings.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Your past experience is a 5 year Blazer? Those are two different animals. You may just not be used to how the wrx drives.

I'd give it some time before you do anything else (aside from replacing the 3d printed bushings). You may be making things worse without even realizing it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little time has gone by and I feel like a decent amount of it is me getting used to the car. Like ProZach626 said, two different things I was used to. To make things more complicated for comparison, my Blazer had a Brute Force clutch that ended up grabbing like a pushbutton... As far as the the 3d printed bushings go, I'll have to pull them out and take some photos at some point. I feel like they'll hold up to anything, but time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts