ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here and I wanted to know which dealership is good to buy my first WRX from? Im looking more over to New Jersey and PA area.

·
10,686 Posts
Yes the one that gives me the best deal.
There isn't much difference between any dealership as people will blindly pay stupid prices for these and if you won't, the 20yo kid with just enough credit for a 9 year mortgage at 40% interest will pay it after you leave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There isn't much difference between any dealership as people will blindly pay stupid prices for these and if you won't, the 20yo kid with just enough credit for a 9 year mortgage at 40% interest will pay it after you leave.
LOL I hate to say this but you are right. I am that 20yo kid.

·
10,686 Posts
LOL I hate to say this but you are right. I am that 20yo kid.
Find yourself a nice v6 camry. Ride nicer, are faster, more comfort items, more reliable, cheaper to maintain, less apt to encourage you to drive like a turd.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
368 Posts
Find yourself a nice v6 camry. Ride nicer, are faster, more comfort items, more reliable, cheaper to maintain, less apt to encourage you to drive like a turd.
Agreed. I wouldn’t have bought a WRX if I actually needed a Daily Driver.

·
10,686 Posts
Some of these replies are ridiculous.
Can you identify what ones? I read through thrice more and found them quite pertinent to the thread

·
Registered
3 Posts
I joined the forum because I love the WRX, but tend to cringe at many of the posts and subsequent comments regardless of the year, model, modded or stock. There seems to be so much condescension. I wouldn't ask a question on here for the life of me. Simply because I'm a novice and do not have enough expertise. But then again that should be what a forum is for. But instead it seems to be a bash fest for guys on folks like me. But I will say this... there are some really really really stupid questions that get asked so I'm sure the moderators get a bit jacked up having to answer stuff like that. Or how about if the question is to stupid you might refrain from answering? Case in point recommending a Camry to the OP. Really? I'm done for the evening.....

·
10,686 Posts
I joined the forum because I love the WRX, but tend to cringe at many of the posts and subsequent comments regardless of the year, model, modded or stock. There seems to be so much condescension. I wouldn't ask a question on here for the life of me. Simply because I'm a novice and do not have enough expertise. But then again that should be what a forum is for. But instead it seems to be a bash fest for guys on folks like me. But I will say this... there are some really really really stupid questions that get asked so I'm sure the moderators get a bit jacked up having to answer stuff like that. Or how about if the question is to stupid you might refrain from answering? Case in point recommending a Camry to the OP. Really? I'm done for the evening.....
Thats a serious recommendation. It is more powerful, faster, more comfortable, cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, safer, more efficient, more reliable, and easier for an inexperienced driver to handle. Lets be real here, how many kids do you see acting a total fool in a Camry? Zero or a few? Lets compare that to the slower WRX, nearly all of them. I was an 18 year old kid with a turbo car back when the market wasn't flooded with them in the 90s. Looking back I wish I would have had had sense and had something easier on the wallet and less about "look how rad I am, I have no personality I need a cool car". Really hard to take a girl on a date when you have no money because you are endlessly working on your shitbox.

This isn't smart ass advice. This is I'm old and I've been there advice. If you are afraid to ask a question because tough answers are hard for you to swallow, I don't know that you want a forum for your social media. You are probably looking for reddit, instagram, or facebook where the members will just feed you what you want to hear. I am not here to tell you what you want to hear, I am hear to give you good advice to help you make a decision that best suits you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't care who you say you know,you pay window on the WRX.so really when people say go with the best deal...there really aren't any deals on this car.When I bought mine in January I looked for a year to watch for trends in pricing.The only incentives were dealer add ons for free oil changes and money off extended warrantys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't care who you say you know,you pay window on the WRX.so really when people say go with the best deal...there really aren't any deals on this car.When I bought mine in January I looked for a year to watch for trends in pricing.The only incentives were dealer add ons for free oil changes and money off extended warrantys.
I don't know about this. I paid invoice just so they could get it off the lot for last year's model. End of 2020 and I didn't even have to haggle. That was their first offer. Granted, they were a volume dealer and it was two days before the end of the month and they wanted to try and sell 10 more cars in two days (probably to hit a metric for better volume pricing for the following month/quarter). The other car I was sorta looking at was invoice+500. I passed; wrong color, had a sunroof, short shifter, performance package. It was stuff I kinda liked but didn't have to have and had things I definitely didn't want.

Deals can be found, you just have to be patient and be willing to drive a ways.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think maybe I got it wrong the way I had explained it.......The dealership will make you pay window sticker price and not offer any incentives or cash back on the WRX.I went thru 5 dealerships within 50 miles of me and they all said wrx is a special kind of car.If you wont buy it for window sticker ......someone else will tomorrow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my daily commute is a lovely twisty drive along the river for 9 miles,There's lot of deer and animals that come with that drive too,along with the occasional cop.but if I had to drive into the city or other traffic...I would have kept the Hemi challenger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I paid 3K under the window because I shopped around and negotiated, which I hated doing..

·
Registered
2020 WRX base Magna Gray
17 Posts
I hate to say it, but I waited til 42 to get my first wrx. I had all sorts of cars 20 years ago.. but.. go for an Impreza Sport. Cheaper, great mileage. Looks good. Build your credit .. thennnnnn go with the Rex.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts