Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, need held on this one. Just bought my 2021 WRX 5 months ago and i had issue with cold start this month maybe more than 3 times that i had to use a booster just to start the car and get it going. It just baffles me coz it's a brand new car and the battery should be up and working.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Hi there . Yeah you're right , i decided to just change it myself . The original one has a low cca rate on it. But is it common for wrx ?
You can put all the CCA you want into it. The car wont make use of it. It doesn't benefit you to do so, it just hurts your wallet. The CCA just rates how many amps you can draw from the battery. Since the battery doesn't shove amps out, it should never exceed the OEM battery's capability unless you have a massive issue. At that point you are going to be less worried about the vehicle starting and more concerned about the electrical fire.

Is it common for a WRX to what?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i figure that's the case. I'm in canada . But the thing is it was just -10 deg. Cel. During the time that the car didn't start. Have a few friends that said it's not normal for a brand new car to have an issue with cold start and its not even that cold.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Thats 14 freedom units for the imperial minded folks.

Yeah it should not. You paid for a battery that would have been free to replace. I'd not do that again. Subaru offers a warranty for a reason.

One of two things are at play here. Either you were provided a bad battery, or you have parasitic draw and it drew the battery flat. Replacing the battery yourself now puts you in a situation where you don't know what the issue is and you risk the same problem. The vehicle needs to go back to Subaru for diagnosis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thing is i didn't go to the dealership coz it was a two hours drive from my town and i feel like they're just gonna charge the battery and put it back . It won't be worth driving to the dealership as it is snowing .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try using a decent battery maintainer. Im not too sure but does your car have a block heater or block heater option? If so, get it, and use it.
Yeah i have the block heater. I was also thinking if it has something to do with the oil they put in but at the same time now that i bought a new battery and replaced the oem battery and it is working well .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts