Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 21 STI, I'm looking into getting an exhaust really don't want to hurt the car or have to get a tune, I'd like an exhaust that has a deeper tone. Any suggestions? Also any help on what to stay away from doing without a tune.

· Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
You can get a catback exhaust that wont require a tune. A lot of people will say axleback or muffler deletes, which is a fine option. But if you ever have plans to do more mods that do require a tune, like a downpipe, all you will need is the downpipe to complete the turbo back exhaust.

As far as brands go, I have always been a fan of invidia. Their q300 or r400 are both quality pieces that have a great tone, great fitment, and arent obnoxiously loud. There are other great brands out there. ETS, Grimmspeed, Corsa, Nameless. But I have literally put an invidia catback on all of my subarus with zero regret.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
There are a lot of options for the catback exhaust - as @WRX-maniac already suggested, tuning is not required for a catback. The car will otherwise run identically save for the differences in exhaust tone.

Some considerations you should make before spending your cash on an exhaust:
1. I STRONGLY recommend listening to an exhaust in person, particularly in the cabin during regular driving. It's easy to forget that 95% of the time you spend in your car, you will be doing mundane things and probably do not want a loud droning exhaust.
2. Be considerate of your neighbors and folks around you. Nothing is more annoying and disruptive than an overly loud exhaust starting up at 6 in the morning. Don't be that person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.