ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 wrx this morning had the abs,trac control and hill assist lights came on...(which means there off).then went off after rounding a corner.before they went off I stopped shut off the car then restarted and they still all 3 came on.300 miles on the clock...any suggestions before I take it in for service?
I did wash the car yesterday for the first time .

·
12,300 Posts
Have you had deep snow?

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
My thought is -- irrelevant of what people on the internet think -- are the symptoms explained in the user manual? If so, does it recommend user action?

If not, you have a factory warranty that Subaru is obligated to uphold if your car is within that period and unmodified. I'd suggest leveraging the warranty without delay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deep snow yes...car wash yesterday...or maybe a faulty brake sensor...ill take it in today

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did a thread just like this a few days ago after going through some deep snow. Here is what they found.

IMG_20210218_213628.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I had the same thing happen. Check out my link.

My thought is -- irrelevant of what people on the internet think -- are the symptoms explained in the user manual? If so, does it recommend user action?
This was going to be my initial go-to when I had my issue, but after digging through the leather folder Subaru gave me I found out they shorted me an owner's manual. Wtf? I had plenty of information on Starlink, though...

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
47 Posts
My 2010 did the same thing the other day. Dealing with Chicago weather must not be easy especially on the electronics which seem to have just freaked out. All is fine otherwise and I hope the same with yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So....what it comes down to is we cant get our cars wet,dont wash them in cold weather or drive them in the snow?

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
So....what it comes down to is we cant get our cars wet,dont wash them in cold weather or drive them in the snow?
What?

BTW, what tires are on your car right now? Hopefully you aren't driving with the tires that came from the factory...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes....I'm running the dunlops.didnt have an extra $ 1400.00 for a new tire wheel combo yet.I thought all wheel drive no matter the tire would be better than my rear wheel anyday.I WAS WRONG.ill get a tire rack winter tire/wheel combo in november.driving those dunlops was brutal.we are in the 40s next week so ill have to make due till the fall.
Going to do some all season tires research in the next couple months.One of the reasons i bought this car was i was getting tired of switching tires in the winter and having them last maybe 2 seasons and having to shell out $1000 each time.

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
Good lesson to learn. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself or others in the process.

Reactions: ProZach626

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes....I'm running the dunlops.didnt have an extra $ 1400.00 for a new tire wheel combo yet.I thought all wheel drive no matter the tire would be better than my rear wheel anyday.I WAS WRONG.ill get a tire rack winter tire/wheel combo in november.driving those dunlops was brutal.we are in the 40s next week so ill have to make due till the fall.
Going to do some all season tires research in the next couple months.One of the reasons i bought this car was i was getting tired of switching tires in the winter and having them last maybe 2 seasons and having to shell out $1000 each time.
Unless you plan to track the car, there are several performance all season tires plenty capable of responsible spirited street driving. Michelin Sport A/S and Continental DWS are great tires. Use your summer tires this warm season and permanently switch to all seasons in the cold season.

Subaru dealerships don't let you know they're selling you a car with tires that act like hockey pucks in the winter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's most likely my best option..ill spend this summer researching the best all season tire.

·
Æternum
21,323 Posts
Just be aware that with an A/S tire, you are giving up quite a lot in performance. Whether that is of importance to you or not like @ProZach626 suggested is your call.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't drift and drive like an animal on slippery streets anyways ,But im thinking blizzaks on winter wheels.I just don't know yet what ill do.I live in an urban area and really only drive on snowy unplowed days 5 times a season.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Winter tires have increased grip in cold, not just snow/rain. I run my winters until March or when the temps get to 40's at night. I also have the option of running my other vehicle during that transition period too so I don't wear my snow shoes when it's too warm during the day, and summer shoes when it's too cold at night.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
337 Posts
I'm running General Altimax Arctic 12's on my Stock Wheels. They were $600 picked up from Tire Rack in South Bend, Indiana. They're a great budget winter tire and I haven't ran Blizzaks since trying them. No issues whatsoever through this Chicago Winter. I'd definitely recommend dedicated rubbers. There's no comparison.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
I swap summer/winter & often think it's overkill. I love the snow tires in the snow & summer in summer but where I live there is a lot of time too cold for summer in the morning & too warm for winter in the evening. I have 2 spare set of wheels but 3 sets seems ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying to avoid that ridiculousness.......I figure I'm driving on snowy roads 6 times a year.that leaves me with 359 days of no snow but 5 good months of cold crappy rainy weather.so a good all season tire is what I'm thinking

1 - 20 of 22 Posts