ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Pick mine up Saturday morning. My wife is already yelling at me for my after market purchases. I haven鈥檛 even bought anything expensive yet. Is there a singles portion of the forum for when she divorces me?馃槀馃挭馃徏

Banned
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So far I just bought a Raceseng shift knob and Hella Sharptones. A little at a time I鈥檒l do rims and tires in one purchase then I鈥檒l do an intake and full exhaust and a tune. I鈥檒l probably change out the radiator and intercooler. That鈥檚 about it aside from little stuff. Maybe a better air oil separator and blow off valve? Last NEW car I bought was in 94. Then a series of old Volvo鈥檚 and other used cars and I鈥檝e been driving an 06 300 since 08, so I鈥檝e been wanting an WRX for about 9 years. Apparently I got the last WRX with the performance package on the east coast. Guy showed me the dealer inventory and everything so I鈥檓 completely happy. It鈥檚 EXACTLY the car I wanted. 14 miles on the odometer 馃挭馃徏 Still learning about all the mod parts and companies. So many options. It鈥檚 awesome.

Premium Member
There isn't a better blow off valve than the factory bypass valve.

A new car I would stick to non performance mods. Things for comfort or looks. Subaru is notoriously stringent about what they will warranty. Modify that part and you can write warranty work off. Engines are expensive. Real expensive.

Banned
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There isn't a better blow off valve than the factory bypass valve.

A new car I would stick to non performance mods. Things for comfort or looks. Subaru is notoriously stringent about what they will warranty. Modify that part and you can write warranty work off. Engines are expensive. Real expensive.
I realistically won鈥檛 get in to engine mods until the end of the warranty. Especially considering the rims are coming in at $1800, plus tires... So just the financial end and how much my wife will put up with me spending on the car consecutively will push me out, considering the down payment and tint and the few little extras. Plus she鈥檚 gonna need a car next year. I do have those wants though. So, eventually. 馃挭馃徏
The factory valve is better than aftermarket? I鈥檓 not planning on replacing anything unnecessary. So if that鈥檚 a good part I鈥檇 keep it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts