Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and license plate relocation kit and feel like a fool since I didn’t think to check and see that the front row hook thread mount is missing.
Has anyone else run into this? I find it rather odd that the cap is there, but the part or housing to screw the plate relocation kit is missing entirely.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 WRX
678 Posts
@silver_scooby Has a 2020 and found some unusual transitional parts on it that are on the newer 2022 model. Perhaps he can confirm if his has it or not.

In any case you should be able to pick it up from the dealer or maybe find it on eBay.
It's there on 2021. Not sure but I think the threads are on bumper beam. If yours has or had a FMIC at some point, the crash beam might be missing or replaced with an aftermarket crash beam that doesn't have tow hook threads.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
766 Posts
It's there on 2021. Not sure but I think the threads are on bumper beam. If yours has or had a FMIC at some point, the crash beam might be missing or replaced with an aftermarket crash beam that doesn't have tow hook threads.
Oh good call. Perhaps it was modded and returned to stock. Not uncommon with these cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts