Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
And I do not understand the "...replaced with relative ease" statement. Can you please explain that.
Pretty sure he means that he could get a can of gas to fill up his car if he was stranded on the interstate. If he was stranded in an electric, not so much of a quick refill

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Unless you live in a rural area or want to drive more than 200 consecutive miles on a given day. Batteries have a long way to go before being practical enough for me to consider as the sole source of power in my car. If my batteries die in the middle of the woods or even on an interstate, I'm screwed.

Gas obviously does run out, but can be replaced with relative ease.
The technology already exists for military applications and in labs deep underground. They just need to answer how to market it and still make a profit. If you introduced a AA battery that doesn't die for 10 years, it has to be insanely expensive to make up for the infrequency that people will buy them new. Same with cars, how do you make it affordable and profitable? I don't think the technology/efficiency alone is the issue. Just a hunch...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.