Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
202 WRX Never been on a forum or had a WRX. Raced super bikes and enduro 2stokes my whole life. I understand mods but have no education on turbo cars or the WRX at all. I want an everyday driver with more bite than stock after test driving. Not looking to race, be loud
or break the bank.
Someone lay the knowledge down for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
Just a better response on the low to mid acceleration. Nothing crazy. If I go with a tuner, vs, chip, do I have to do the exhaust
There is no such thing as chipping a car, this is 2020 not 1995. You'll need a tuner, some people really like the change others feel it's lacking. It's a place to start. It handles some of the rev hang and levels out the mid range rpm dip some have complained about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no such thing as chipping a car, this is 2020 not 1995. You'll need a tuner, some people really like the change others feel it's lacking. It's a place to start. It handles some of the rev hang and levels out the mid range rpm dip some have complained about.
I picked it up yesterday. It drove better than the test drive car. What tuners are popular

·
Super Moderator
11,717 Posts
Well, seeing as cobb is the only real skin in the game cobb. They have aquired some of the greatest open source tuners in the game and they stand as the mark to beat.

There may be other companies that offer tuners, I am not aware of any with substantial clout in this particular market.

It's worth remembering any potential engine issue you have will be paid by your own wallet as Subaru is notably difficult to work with on major warranty issues and any signs of modifications to the engine, computer or otherwise will kill any hopes of warranty.

I'd highly recommend waiting to do any of this until after your warranty is up, but you do you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.