ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I am new to the forum. I just left a $1000 none refundable deposit for a 2020 STI sticker $38900 for $37500 not included tax and fees. First do you guys think is good price? Can anyone confirm 2020 is the last current body style. Cause I google and saw 2021 might have the same body style but with more HP. Please help!

·
Premium Member
10,942 Posts
Depends on if you feel like you are comfortable with the purchase of not. If you are it's a good buy. If you are not comfortable then it's a bad buy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason holding me back is I am worry about 2021 has almost the same body with more HP. I might regret not to wait. But is so hard to get a STI now cause it’s almost end of the year. Not many 2020 left.

Depends on if you feel like you are comfortable with the purchase of not. If you are it's a good buy. If you are not comfortable then it's a bad buy

·
Premium Member
10,942 Posts
The "2021" or next generation sti has been coming next year for the last couple years. Waiting for the next generation is stupid in my opinion. Unless Subaru has made direct announcements nothing is known about it.

·
BooSTIng
2,827 Posts
I would say go with the STi you have a deposit on. There is a possibility of a new platform in the next STi….. whenever that may be. Like XJ said, a new STi has been coming since like 2018.

However, the reason I say buy the one you put a deposit on is because, even though the EJ257 does have is issues, it is a well known and developed platform for the STi. With the rumors of a new fa24 in the next gen STi I wouldn't buy the first gen of a new engine. When the 15+ wrx's got the new fa20 I remember a lot of issues popping up online and recalls and stuff to fix things. Usually it is best to wait a couple years after a new engine design for the manufacturer to iron out everything. That's just my opinion and 2 cents. Not that its worth anyting……..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts