ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people I wave at when we pass,
I’m getting my windows tinted with ceramic tomorrow. My state allows 35% legally. That being said I wanted to go 5% or 20%. I’m waiting on my eye dr to call me back regarding my light sensitivity and her signing this paper. Any thoughts on the different shades of grey? The tint lady said 5% in back 20% around with a .25 shade above the ansi line. I’m curious who has been pulled over for tint? And thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Sunglasses such as the Oakley gas gascans are far more effective at protecting your eyes than tint. I'd go that route so you can actually see out of the vehicle at night.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was hoping to say that due to the corona virus a mask makes
My glasses steam
Up. They actually do steam up for real however I don’t wear a mask in my car.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
I know what a wrx looks like. You also don't have to wear a mask while driving so your argument is void for that.

Unless you have the very rare skin condition where light is poisonous, good quality sunglasses are absolutely the superior choice to window tint.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I alre
I know what a wrx looks like. You also don't have to wear a mask while driving so your argument is void for that.

Unless you have the very rare skin condition where light is poisonous, good quality sunglasses are absolutely the superior choice to window tint.
I already said that I don’t have to wear a mask while driving. so your telling me that you don’t have your car tinted bc you think sunglasses are superior?

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
My car windows are tinted because I didn't have a choice. The glass is physically shaded and not removable. Otherwise, it would be gone. Much like I did with my legacy.

My old ladys car windows are not tinted because sunglasses are superior. We can see out of the windows at night clearly and the sunglasses offer better visibility and shading to your eyes. It blocks light coming in where tint is not legal on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
They make sunglasses down to baby sizes. Good try though.

You want tint, legal is dark enough, too dark in 99% of places anyway.

You can keep dreaming up stipulations as to why you need dark tint, all of them are completely bullshit and we both know it. UV filters exist in clear, just like your windshield. dark tint, even legal, is highly difficult to see out of at night. Eye sensitivity is better served with sunglasses. Child sensitivity is better served with actual window sunshades that retract.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They make sunglasses down to baby sizes. Good try though.

You want tint, legal is dark enough, too dark in 99% of places anyway.

You can keep dreaming up stipulations as to why you need dark tint, all of them are completely bullshit and we both know it. UV filters exist in clear, just like your windshield. dark tint, even legal, is highly difficult to see out of at night. Eye sensitivity is better served with sunglasses. Child sensitivity is better served with actual window sunshades that retract.
OK well said and you are mostly right.
That was not easy to say lol it took me a day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a rare disease and the treatments REALLY messed with my eyes among other issues, I have prescription sunglasses and tinted my windows on my last car to %20, my state is %27. I was asked about it once when pulled over for another reason. Showed the paperwork and no problem.
Current STI is at %25. Neither of the tint percentages made seeing out at night an issue.
The tint on the windshield is called a shade band. Completely legal in most states as long as it’s within the size limit. Shade bands are actually recommended by AAA and other similar entities. IMO window tint makes a vehicle look better and is usually a helpful addition.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Objectively and empirically limiting the light through your windows at night, where light and visibility are already highly limited, affects your vision capability. This is part of the reason why window tint is limited and illegal on your full windshield, and even illegal on the driver and passenger windows.

Again. There is no substitute for proper eye wear. No matter how dark your tint and how hellaflush your shitbox is, sunglasses are adaptable to the environment. They offer protection where you can't tint, the windshield. Allowing you to see better out the front of the car.

They are also polarized helping to reduce glare and completely shit on your light sensitivity argument because it filters out that reflected glare that causes the majority of eye sensitivity. Polarized window tint has nothing on the quality and filtering of quality sunglasses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts