ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having a vibration in 3rd or 4th under acceleration? Subaru came out with a fix for the 4th gear by changing out shift fork and some sleeve. A total of 4 parts. It fixed the 4th gear vibration but now it's moved to 3rd and slightly still in 4th. Now the engineer is saying it's "normal". Anyone else out there having this same issue?

·
Registered
2017, Subaru WRX Limited
6 Posts
I get it in 4th starting around 2k-2.5k rpm, subsides when I get to ~3k-3.5k. I assumed it was just another quirk of the WRX that I would need to get used to. When it bugs me, my workaround is to not drive like a granny and to keep it in 3rd for longer :)
Is there any risk of damage or added wear due to this idiosyncrasy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a TSB out for Subaru to change out shift fork and a bushing or something. Like 4 parts total. It worked temporarily then came back. Now it does it in 3rd as well. They are beating around the bush now for me to ride with the engineer that said "it's normal" but yet tried to repair it before. 2 things are going on here.... 1, they don't wanna fix it or 2, THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO. I bought the car brand new so I know it wasn't there when I bought it. Started around 400 miles in. Took them almost 18 months to get the 1st fix they said would fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts