Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm posting this to tell you about my WRX that blew its transmission after less than 10K miles. To start, I'll give you some background about the car as well as document some of the issues I've had since day one. I bought the car on December 1st, 2018 and its a 6 speed manual WRX limited with nearly every option. Since I bought the car, I've had an issue with the alignment to where the car wouldn't drive straight unless I hold the steering wheel angled to the left. I came in to get it fixed 4 times starting in mid January all the way till now. Every time the dealer works on it they say it's up to spec and that theres nothing more they can do. I also brought the car in about 2 months ago with an issue that the clutch was grabbing at a very high point from the floor. (I probably had 6k miles on it at the time but will have to check service records) The tech that drove my car at the service appointment before even acknowledged it so we scheduled an appointment for them to look at it. They took the car in and called me back a few hours later saying that nothing was wrong and that it was normal even though I test drove another WRX on the lot and it did not have this issue. Whatever, the clutch was still grabbing (although high) and it drove fine so I didn't bother with it. Today, I drove my car at around 8 pm and it was perfectly fine. I again got in my car around 11 pm tonight and started it and put it in reverse so I can back out of my driveway. I started letting out the clutch and my engine started revving up like crazy and the clutch started to smoke so right away I pushed in the clutch to put the car in neutral but it kept trying to move even though the clutch was pushed in. I turned off the car right away, put it in neutral and started it again. This time it started fine but the second I let out the clutch (with the car in neutral) I heard grinding and knocking noises from the transmission. I put it in first gear and tried tried to drive up my driveway a little bit but the car wouldn't move. I tried putting it back in neutral but the shifter was stuck in first. I shut it off again and restarted and I was able to get it back into neutral but the second I let the clutch out the grinding and knocking noise started again. I tried to put into reverse and the shifter slid into reverse very easily but i didn't feel any mechanical feedback, its like reverse gear wasn't even there anymore. I tried backing up and the car moved slightly backwards but there was no clutch grab whatsoever. It is now stuck in my driveway and the shifter is stuck in reverse and wont move into any other gear. Im having it towed first thing Monday morning to the dealership to see whats gonna happen. BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, yes the parking brake was down and no my foot was not on the accelerator. I have an inclined driveway and I don't need to give it any gas when I'm backing out. Im just curious to see if anyone has faced any issues with the transmission so early on. I also would like to say that a few days ago I sent a certified letter to Subaru of America regarding the alignment stating that they have one final repair attempt and that I would be pursuing a buyback under lemon law if it wasn't fixed. They received the letter today but I have not been contacted yet. I also have dash-cam footage of the last time I drove the car 3 hours before this happened showing that there were no issues. I've also been plagued with issues regarding the leather seats cracking and the fenders being miss-aligned to the car and I've been in the dealership for those issues several times. I'm also sure that Subaru can check the computer of the car and see that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Id love some advice from the people on this forum regarding what steps I should take. I love the car and its extremely fun to drive but after these issues I may start shopping for something else.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts