ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! I have an 2019 sti. It is overheating and reaching temperatures pass 240 and at one point got a high temp icon on screen. Help please, I have tired checking the thermostat seeing if is stuck... it was not(at first it was sending cool air when I had placed the temp inside the car at high). Added coolant/antifreeze 50/50. Ran stage 2 map from cobb tuning. Got the bubbles out the car.
All I had done to the car was add a new turbo inlet from cobb tuning. I check the radiator to see if it was low and it was. I added coolant/antifreeze and filled it up and from there the temps were reading 215-219 then at one point they read 198 to 194. I took it for a drive and they it spiked up to 220 in a matter of seconds. I was only going like 10mph to 15mph. I check the engine again I saw the car was vomiting the coolant into the coolant storage. The storage was over flooding with coolant, the car was literally spiting it out. It was not boiling just spiting it out.
Please help... I'll keep updating and respond as fast as possible for any help.
Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing, the ac and the heater when turn on it makes a loud noise for a couple of minutes.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,219 Posts
But the rad should not have been low. I suspect a leak. Consider pressure testing the system if you cannot find evidence of a leak. I’m puzzled though because it’s a new car?!

(On am old car that spits coolant into the overflow I’d say two things:

1. Change the rad cap
2. Suspect the head gaskets

But you’ve got a 2019!

Consider the rad cap carefully I suppose).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, you don't think I may have missed placed some vacuum hoses? The rad cap looks nothing coming out of it. But I'll keep looking. the head gasket? It couldn't be could it. you probably right on a leak somewhere. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,219 Posts
It sounds like air is getting in and coolant is being pushed out. Cheapest thing is rad cap. If you have two, swap them to experiment?

·
11,245 Posts
Sounds like you are blowing air into the cooling from the cylinders. You need to drain the oil, inspect it. If it's clear and not full of water pressure test the system.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
You may want to tow it to the dealership, as soon as you verify it's nothing you did wrong. (which it probably is)

This makes me want to mod my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts