Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it may seem like a small deal to some but it looks like Subaru changed the color of that bottom trim piece on the steering wheel. It's no longer that hideous EYE SORE silver and it now matches the rest of the trim that goes around the buttons.

From the picture, it also looks like they changed the console shifter trim as well.

Good news is, it looks like it's the same piece, just a different color. So once Subaru gets the 2018 cars in stock, you will be able to order parts from it.

I will be getting it asap! The console shifter trim doesn't bother me as much, but I might swap it out as well at some point.

Easy mod if you don't mind drilling a hole to get to the screw (certainly easier than messing with the airbag). There are tutorials everywhere on how to do it.

It might be a Canadian only thing, as the pics are from a Canadian WRX, but I'm hopeful that it will nonetheless be available.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/subaru/2018-subaru-wrx-review

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Called my dealer, he says I can order it now, but will take a month to come from Japan.
WRX # 34342VA030, $23.92
Is that just for the black trim piece at the bottom? If so that's awesome because everyone else sells them for $55

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called my dealer, he says I can order it now, but will take a month to come from Japan.
WRX # 34342VA030, $23.92
Is that just for the black trim piece at the bottom? If so that's awesome because everyone else sells them for $55
The $55 black one is the jdm piano black version. The one I'm referring to is the updated usdm piece for 2018.

It's now the exact same color as the side steering wheel trim pieces that surround the buttons.

I suspect that nobody will be buying the overpriced and uglier one anymore considering you can get a better MATCHING one from the dealer thanks to Subaru coming to their senses.

The "JDM" market is ridiculous, imo..... but I did break down and buy the grille, as the 15-17 usdm is hideous. The 18 grille is better, but not by much.

My "ouch" comment was referring to the price difference just to have "sti" on it, haha.

BTW, the shifter bezel is also updated for 2018 to the same black as the steering wheel pieces. I didn't price it out because I don't mind the silver over there, plus I already put red WRX lettering inlays and like how it contrasts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just tried the WRX part number at my dealer and they said their computer wouldn't let them order it until July 30. They did have the $23.92 price.

Thx for this thread. I got my new 2017 a couple of weeks ago and find that shiny piece to be really distracting. I will be glad to be rid of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried the WRX part number at my dealer and they said their computer wouldn't let them order it until July 30. They did have the $23.92 price.

Thx for this thread. I got my new 2017 a couple of weeks ago and find that shiny piece to be really distracting. I will be glad to be rid of it.
No Prob :)

Interesting that they wouldn't let you order it yet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No Prob :)

Interesting that they wouldn't let you order it yet.
I find that interesting too. I was going to hit up heuberger to order one to sit around until I order a subispeed steering wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts