Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a rack setup
Never bought a rack for a car just truck full lengths so not sure how these fixed points work

I have been in contact with Thule and they said give 6-8weeks for an update

I am open to brands prefer Thule/Yakima because of accessories/locks and option for low profile

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never bought a rack for a car just truck full lengths so not sure how these fixed points work

I am open to brands prefer Thule/Yakima because of accessories/locks and option for low profile

Thanks in advance
Since the 2018s were announced to have roof rack mounting brackets and I was able confirmed that they do infact come with them (got to test drive a couple 18s) I worked out a deal with my dealer to include the OEM croasbars from Subaru whenever they become available as an included option. I do believe most if not all of the roof rack related items that are OEM from Subaru are made by Thule. I have yet to see anything anywhere online about them yet though.

Thanks in advance
Since the 2018s were announced to have roof rack mounting brackets and it was confirmed that they do infact come with them (got to test drive a couple 18s) I worked out a deal with my dealer to include the OEM croasbars from Subaru whenever they become available as an included option. I do believe most if not all of the roof rack related items that are OEM from Subaru are made by Thule.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also, for what it's worth when the dealer sent me the built sheet for my order, they didn't even have an option number for the crossbars. They just put "and crossbars" at the end of the list of options I was getting. So it doesn't exist yet but it will eventually. They run about $300 for the new impreza

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
IDK why they didn't include these on the 2015-17...Grrr...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, for what it's worth when the dealer sent me the built sheet for my order, they didn't even have an option number for the crossbars. They just put "and crossbars" at the end of the list of options I was getting. So it doesn't exist yet but it will eventually. They run about $300 for the new impreza

So your waiting on the dealer to get you fitted?
Maybe shoot an update when you get yours
I offered Thule that i could bring my 18 into one of their dealers for fitting and everything, 6-8 week wait is going to suck, summer will be over

·
Registered
122 Posts
So your waiting on the dealer to get you fitted?
Maybe shoot an update when you get yours
I offered Thule that i could bring my 18 into one of their dealers for fitting and everything, 6-8 week wait is going to suck, summer will be over
Well Subaru makes them specifically for every other model that has a mounting system for them. So my understanding is that crossbars will be made specifically for Subaru to fit the WRX/STI. So when they are, the dealer should be able to order them and they should be designed to attach directly to the roof mounting brackets (the pic I posted earlier) There shouldn't be any "fitting" required.

Furthermore, I'd need to research it some but I saw Thule brand name all over the crossbars and roof rack items that Subaru offers for the crosstrek, outback, and impreza. So I'm really hoping they will be Thule designed and built for Subaru. We shall see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Subaru makes them specifically for every other model that has a mounting system for them. So my understanding is that crossbars will be made specifically for Subaru to fit the WRX/STI. So when they are, the dealer should be able to order them and they should be designed to attach directly to the roof mounting brackets (the pic I posted earlier) There shouldn't be any "fitting" required.

Furthermore, I'd need to research it some but I saw Thule brand name all over the crossbars and roof rack items that Subaru offers for the crosstrek, outback, and impreza. So I'm really hoping they will be Thule designed and built for Subaru. We shall see.

Crossbars are easy, thats all universal by how wide the roof is, just getting feet that fit into the roof mounting point is what we need
Thats why i said fitted to see which feet will lock in as there are several types between the companies, and yes Thule/Yakima design their own and Subaru just marks it up for you :w00t:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
x10000000000

that is/was probably the biggest letdown of this car, was finding out that for our model years only, the removed factory mounting points....
When i bought the WRX last week it was actually 3rd on my list but after seeing the mounting points and having a blast on test drive, i was quick to buy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are you planning to mount/carry on the rack?

A roof rack will cut down your MPG. Take a look at Seasucker: https://www.seasucker.com/

Those look pretty nice, makes me want to get back into a 370z !

I plan on carrying 1 sometimes 2 bikes
MPG doesnt bother me but looking for something to mount into factory mounting points that come on the 2018s
I figured i would store the rack in the trunk and install when using, and probably keep mounted all summer

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gray,

I ordered this crossbars yesterday... its 3-5 days shipping. Once I receive them I will update this thread with details and pics. I have not ordered ski racks or bike racks yet. I want to see what the croossbars look like. Then order accessories accordingly. As you know Subaru carries a handful of Thule accessories; I figured I'll likely order directly from Thule to get exactly what I want.

I'll update in a few days

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my roof rails for my 2018 WRX Limited on Saturday. I have not mounted them yet. I'll wait until the resorts get ready to open. That said... I have attached a few pics for those who are curious what the rail itself looks like. Please let me know if you'd like additional/different pics or any information I may be able to provide.

Laminate flooring Floor Wood flooring Hardwood Flooring
Laminate flooring Floor Hardwood Wood flooring Flooring
Table Hardwood Wood Flooring Laminate flooring
Text Rim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts