Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas and Ladies, just joined the club about 6 months ago. I figured I’d make it official with joining clubwrx. The only modding I’ve done is license plate off set, rally armor flaps, and Voxx wheels to keep the OG wheels pure. Lookin forward to learning a lot about what else more can be done safely. Last but not least, I always wave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It kills me to see the manual transmission vehicles die. I had a 5 speed Altima before my WRX. I vowed never to go back. The ability to shift into neutral was the only thing that saved my fiancé’s life when my Altima got totaled. I was side swiped I shifted into neutral, yanked my e-brake and drifted the car to left to try and avoid the hit. The responding officers told me, had I done anything differently she would’ve been severely injured. She walked away with minor bruises. You can’t do that **** in an automatic. Even then the response of the trans wouldn’t be nearly as fast as a manual.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Post some pictures.

I don't quite understand the nature of the accident, but I can only imagine some kind of action movie scene by the way you describe it.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't see manuals going completely extinct in five years. I do think there will be a lot fewer options to choose from.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome!

I will admit there are some days I pine for an automatic, like when I'm stuck in bumper-to-bumper. Also don't diss the fun of a good auto like BMW's. A good auto can easily beat an MT.

Having said that, I was glad to get back into a manual. There is something elemental and satisfying about engaging and letting out the clutch, shifting into just the right gear at just the right time.

Plus while you can rev up the engine like an idiot with an auto in neutral, it's silly to do so. Whereas with the manual...it's a requirement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love MT but my cousins bmw 330xi shifts beautifully for an auto. The paddle shift is pretty fun to use to.
They got that transmission down to a science.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts