Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggestion any plate relocation kits for a 2018 WRX?

Apparently the Perrin WRX kit doesn't fit the new 2018 model :(

·
Æternum
15,551 Posts
Does the 2018 still have the mold-in Euro plate mount?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
still has the tow hook in front

i prefer without so wont install one

·
Registered
586 Posts
Like the 2015-18, it has 2 holes predrilled for a Japanese or European license plate, and dimples to drill your own holes for a US plate.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Just to preserve the paint and a clean look of the front end.
OK, so I drilled holes in my "plate" to match the existing bumper holes instead of making more holes in the car and I did it so the plate was centered (can sort of tell by my avatar) on the front. To me that is a clean look but I realize that is not everyone's idea of the same. And I put plastic washers between the plate and bumper to keep it away from the bumper paint just a little. Just another idea............

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, so I drilled holes in my "plate" to match the existing bumper holes instead of making more holes in the car and I did it so the plate was centered (can sort of tell by my avatar) on the front. To me that is a clean look but I realize that is not everyone's idea of the same. And I put plastic washers between the plate and bumper to keep it away from the bumper paint just a little. Just another idea............
Very excellent idea! How thick were your washers rqjoe?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Not sure but on the order of a typical steel washer 1/16". You could stack them but u don't want the plate sticking too far out there.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Subtle soultions may have something. Contact them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts