Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bone stock 2018 WRX with CVT transmission. It has 8,000kms on it and I've had it 7 months. For the most part everything has been good with it, except for a few things which I am not sure about:

#1 Rattling under acceleration from a stop. It happens on moderate to higher acceleration, but not always. Never on a slow acceleration

#2 Clanking sound when putting in park. This doesn't happen all the time, it's kind of rare, but shifting it moderately fast into park when stopped can result in a loud metal on metal CLANK.

I've just been waiting to see if either gets worse before asking the dealership about it. There doesn't seem to be much info I can find for CVT WRX. #1 may not even be CTV related, I have no idea...

Rob

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You might not be familiar with Subaru. The wrx/STi line makes a lot of noise. You've got the right idea just keeping an eye on it. You can practically hear every function of my STi... and some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might not be familiar with Subaru. The wrx/STi line makes a lot of noise. You've got the right idea just keeping an eye on it. You can practically hear every function of my STi... and some.
Yeah, I've learned to be a lot more patient with noises and such. Most of my experiences with dealerships is taking new cars in for something minor and getting the vehicle back in worse shape. And then it's 'my fault' for complaining they wrecked something my car.... So many stories.......

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts