Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here and I just bought a 2018 wrx. I have a long list of mods I am doing to the car but it will take time due to money being tight but I will keep you guys updated as the car changes. Among my list of mods are coilovers, wheels, sti wing, front mount intercooler, cold air intake just to name a few.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Welcome aboard.

What kind of monster are you planing on building?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the plan for the car right now is to make it a monster street/ strip car. to be honest I'm just trying to have fun with the car while I can.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
I was just curious as your goals will dictate the mod path you want to go.

Common modifications for the fa20 are intake, j pipe, tgv and egr deletes, external wastegate and aftermarket boost controller. The preferred, or common, tuning method is with the Cobb accessport.

The intercooler I personally don't feel will let you a result you would be happy with. It can help with efficiency of the turbo and cooling the charge but at the cost of a larger volume to pressurize increasing turbo lag. The front mount definitely has benefits, I would just hold out a little longer and spend that money on other things that will help make the front mount worth it later.

Coils overs are a hot topic. Be sure this is the path you want to go. They rarely if ever improve ride comfort, and until you get into more expensive sets often perform worse than stock and way worse than other strut and spring combos out there.

If you have specific goals people can guide you along to get the most from your money. So before going waist deep in spending on random parts ask around and several of the newer vehicle owners will be able to help you out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate that but mods are gonna be a while before I start making real decisions on what I do to the car

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,618 Posts
Research, research, research! The model's been out for a couple of years; long enough for folks to have ironed out some proven paths to achieve handling goals, usable/practical power increases, and even aesthetics. Benefit from the experience of those who actually own WRX's, and be wary of advice from import car folks that don't. What works for their car may be wrong for yours.

Welcome aboard! :wiggles:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts