Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was at my local Subaru dealer getting my oil changed and they had a few 2018 models that had JUST come off the truck. They were unlocked and still had plastic on them. I was encouraged to take a look. The only things that changed on the interior, are the plastic trim pieces around the gear shifter and center spoke on the bottom of the steering wheel went from silver to a charcoal / black color. I DON'T like it. It looks too dark and has no contrast with the rest of the interior. I like my silver much better. The other is the little plastic roof thingy over the clock / boost Guage is now a padded piece with red stitching like the seats. The front end looks like they smoothed. It out. The grill looks cheap and is more recessed. Also, there's more black plastic on the lower bumper I must say, I don't like the new nose either. It looks like the Impreza and the WRX is supposed to stand out. I couldn'treally see the new wheels as they had a plastic cover on them. From what I could see, I like mine better. Love my 17! Anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love the 2018 front end compared to 2015-2017, when i went to the dealer to look at the WRX they had a 2017 in the bunch of the new 2018s, i asked what model it was thinking it was a base model and he said no its a 2017

There are tons of other small upgrades which made the 2018 very appealing, some harder to spot
*Fixed roof mounting points
*Thicker rear glass
*Synchro upgrades
*new front and rear suspension
some other stuff and things you stated

If you like that top hat over boost gauge you can order a JDM one and swap it, otherwise enjoy your ride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts