Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally joined the WRX family after a stupid lifted 2500 ran over my Turbo BRZ when he pulled out on to moving traffic. With 1000 miles I already found a way to spend 4k into it. Perrin headers, charge pipe, BOV, grimmspeed boost controller, nameless turbo back, cobb intake. I have the Flexfuel kit, DW300C, egr and tgv deletes are waiting for Delicious tuning to get back with me on new base map to get started tuning.

I do have 1 question. When installing the grimmspeed controller I noticed my max boost is low, around 15psi not 20psi like factory. Does the new controller need an adjustment via tune to correct this?

·
Super Moderator
11,413 Posts
The tune will ( read should ) correct it. If you are running ethanol content above 50% you’ll have to buy some special lubricant for the fuel system or you’ll smoke the high pressure fuel pump. That’s an expensive part and I’ve been told if it does lock up it can damage the cam shaft as well.

Be sure your blow off valve is set to full recirculating. If it doesn’t offer that find one that does. Vent to atmosphere valves mess with the metered air from the maf sensor and can cause fuel ratio issues.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts