Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I have a couple mods in mind along with a ProTune I want to get. Wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone had any comments on it.

Also I?m being told that I can?t get ?top feed fuel injectors? on my car because that?s just not how the 2018 wrx works. Something about that only works with the STI.

Currently I?m on a stage 1 tune with
Cobb catback

The mods I have on my mind are
Cobb big sf intake
GrimmSpeed boost control
EGR and tvg deletes
IAG series AOS
Mishimoto FMIC
Turbo XS catless j pipe
91 Tune

And I was told my clutch and fuel pump are fine for now and I shouldn?t touch them yet.

1. Do I need to add any support mods to this?
2. What?s up with the fuel inj. Thing
3. Is this stage 2 or 3? << I know that doesn?t really mean anything but what is it when someone says they?re stage 3.

Also just remembered do I need to delete second resonator pill?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What?s it mean when someone says they?re stage 3.

Also so I need to delete second reinator pill?

And I was told I can also run e85 with a tune on stock everything. This guy said the car can handle it just fine.

And if that?s not the case what would I change.
I?m also ordering suspension components but I?m just worried about the engine stuff now.

·
Super Moderator
11,456 Posts
I have no idea what staged mods are as everyone has a different idea as to what they are.

Your car is direct injected. That means you have a fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump and injectors that feed directly into the cylinder. It's a fairly robust system but the hpfp needs gasoline for lubrication and will fail early with an e85 setup. It's not cheap or easy to replace either.

With what you've listed I doubt you'll need any upgrades to fueling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea what staged mods are as everyone has a different idea as to what they are.

Your car is direct injected. That means you have a fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump and injectors that feed directly into the cylinder. It's a fairly robust system but the hpfp needs gasoline for lubrication and will fail early with an e85 setup. It's not cheap or easy to replace either.

With what you've listed I doubt you'll need any upgrades to fueling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you sir!

·
Banned
436 Posts
i think the restrictor pill delete is for when you upgrade the j-pipe and catback exhaust

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/75071626/Map+Notes+for+VA+WRX+6MT

Hardware Requirements: Stage2 - Otherwise stock vehicle with the following modifications*:
Intake Requirements: Stock airbox with stock air filter
Exhaust requirements:
Upgraded J-pipe with high flow catalytic converter
Upgraded cat-back exhaust (stock exhaust acceptable)
Boost Control requirements: Deleted 2nd restrictor pill (between Tee and wastegate actuator). See additional information in "Boost Control System Modification" section below.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i think stage 3 is built block and larger turbo. then stage 4 is pure race car, roll cage, bigger radiator, oil/diff coolers, removal of stereo/hvac etc...

ive seen a lot of people claim a lot of things for stage 2 tho, to me it just means catless exhaust.

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
Bajikianav said:
What?s it mean when someone says they?re stage 3.
It means they've bought whatever a particular manufacturer sells as their "Stage III" package.

There are really only two "universal" stages with Subarus (in that anyone knows what you're referencing):
StageI: ECU reflash
StageII: Turboback exhaust + ECU reflash

Bajikianav said:
Also so I need to delete second reinator pill?
What does Grimmspeed (BCS manufacturer) and your ECU calibrator say?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts