Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2018 STI this past Friday and I'm trying to find out how to work the mirrorlink app in my car. I have a Samsung S7 running version 7.

does anyone have any suggestions on this on how to mirror my phone to my head unit?

Thank you.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Our 17' Forester has the same setup.

The salesman, who was very knowledgeable was pretty honest with us... "Subaru does a lot of great things, and mirror link isn't one of them"

We have phones connected via Bluetooth, but never use MirrorLink.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been having the same issues and I have tried to connect at least 4 different phones. I hope someone has an answer.
I've read that on the US models, they purposely left the Mirrorlink on version 1.0 because all newer phones have the version 1.1. They supposedly did this so they can avoid people getting into accidents. Not sure how true this is. I messaged my salesman yesterday to ask what version I have and no response. I dont want manually update my software because with my luck I'll void some type of warranty. So hopefully there is another way around this :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was trying to do this last week too with my LG G6. There is a YouTube video of someone who got it working. Also I found a web site with the software updates. I'll have to do some Googling to find them again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was trying to do this last week too with my LG G6. There is a YouTube video of someone who got it working. Also I found a web site with the software updates. I'll have to do some Googling to find them again.
If you could find those links, please post them. :)

Don't waste your time with mirror link its a god awful, clunky, archaic, unsupported, POS
Well if I'm paying for a car that has it, I would like to atleast have an option to use it. it is frustrating though...luckily, there's beer to help(not while driving).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts