Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the battery is fairly new, but wondering if anyone has done any installs of this battery with a dashcam yet - Blackvue Power Magic Ultra battery B124.

The battery itself is fairly large and wondering where you can hide it - my best guess would be under one of the seats but am looking for other options.

It will be going in a 2018 STI sport tech.

Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Interesting, I went the hard wiring route. Is it small enough to fit under the steat? My cam gave me such long cords could you stick that junk in your trunk?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will fit under seat, unsure how long cables are. The B124 is a hardwired battery - basically the dash cam feeds off the battery, which is tapped into the fuse panel and charges off the car battery.

I saw another thread where someone just used the power magic pro as opposed to an external battery and I am now looking into this. i want to set up for parking mode.

On another note, everything i read says that i can mount to tint - if anyone has any experience here, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my post, i was given another option that i can go with a power magic pro hardwire kit instead of the whole external battery. this will save $$ and also attempting to hide the battery.

I have seen mixed info regarding whether you can mount to rear window tint - any experience here?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am not sure about mounting to tint but I imagine it would but removing would likely mess up your tint. The tape given is sticky af. I have a blackvue cam & the power magic pro & the only time I had an issue was having it on 24/7 & not using my car for 5 days. You can limit the time it runs though. I actually didn't even mount the power magic pro. I was able to wedge it between the ridges on the fuse door by your left knee.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a rear cam on my back tinted window and it has held up for 2 years now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts