Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2018 with around 2300 miles.. yesterday was the third time my car almost did not turn over. The first time was about a month ago, it took three tries for it to finally turn over. Then a few days ago it took two tries, and yesterday I was driving it for awhile, stopped at home for a little bit and had to go back out before it was even cooled down, and it took two tries and it barely started the second try, sounded like ****. So 99% of the time it starts just fine, but these three instances are concerning.. Is there any known issues with anything like the alternator, starter or battery in these cars?..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine does it occasionally, too. I do think it's related to the crappy oem battery or possibly the alternator - or both. Every now and then I hook up the charger overnight.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What happens if you just turn the key to ign but dont start it. Let the fuel pump prime, usually after 3-4 chimes then crank to start?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine did that on cold starts more than once. My car didn't start one time at all, when I could swear I didn't have any lights left on.

These cars are known for their trash batteries. I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 that seems to have a dead battery a little too often. I had it checked by the dealer and they stated that the battery and alternator are good. How can that be? When I put the jump box on it starts. Not without a little hesitation but it goes. Do you think that they're just trying to cheap out on buying me a battery since it's still in warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts