Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Anyone have recommendations to touch up chipped paint on a Brembo caliper?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You can check with Subaru to see if they have any touch-up paint available for the calipers. Honestly, after so many times of the wheel being taken on and off, due to tire rotations, ect, this is bound to happen. I have several of these chips and I just deal with them. No one will notice.

Have you ever removed the caliper pins?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can check with Subaru to see if they have any touch-up paint available for the calipers. Honestly, after so many times of the wheel being taken on and off, due to tire rotations, ect, this is bound to happen. I have several of these chips and I just deal with them. No one will notice.

Have you ever removed the caliper pins?
It does not really bother me, but I'm just concerned that the chips will get bigger as time goes by. I bought the car pre-owned and this is the only cosmetic issue the car has. Thanks for the recommendation though, I will follow up with them.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think they're from impact, so I doubt more paint will chip off on its own that hasn't been hit with anything. The top of your caliper was scuffed when someone took a tire off the rim and it leaned in toward the caliper. One of my fronts looks identical in that area. The other two look like impact marks from someone being a little careless when removing/replacing the brake caliper pins, most likely for brake pad replacement.

That paint is pretty sticky. You shouldn't see any more drastic chipping. I'd leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts